Pastor Kathleen Rinear of Brookfield Congregational Church (BCC) presented a check for $2,365 to Betsy Ellis, President of the Board – Habitat for Humanity of Waukesha County. Habitat was one of four agencies that benefited from BCC’s Advent and Christmas alternative giving program called, “Festival of Missions Giving.”
“We asked our people to redirect a portion of their Christmas giving to touch the lives of others,” Rev. Rinear explained. Guest House of Milwaukee, an outreach program for homeless men, and The Women’s Center of Waukesha were also recipients of the program. A fourth organization, The Northwestern chapter of the Global Architecture Brigades also received funds to help build a medical facility in remote Honduras.
Frank D. Cummins, son of Dr. Frank and Marilyn Cummins of Brookfield, is president of the Northwestern Chapter. “The people we are helping have to hitchhike for over 120 miles to obtain health and dental care,” Cummins reported.
An introduction to the Festival, "When Hope Comes," along with presentations by the four agencies are posted on BCCs YouTube channel which can be reached though the church web site at www.brookcc.org
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Jim and Tom Palzewicz of ActionCOACH of Elm Grove win Bravo! Entrepreneur award
- Playground at Malone Thanks All Who Helped
- Twice Baked Pottery to host Terri Lockwood for DRAW!
- Downtown Racine Art Walk -- DRAW -- Is Back!
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year