Pastor Kathleen Rinear of Brookfield Congregational Church (BCC) presented a check for $2,365 to Betsy Ellis, President of the Board – Habitat for Humanity of Waukesha County. Habitat was one of four agencies that benefited from BCC’s Advent and Christmas alternative giving program called, “Festival of Missions Giving.”
“We asked our people to redirect a portion of their Christmas giving to touch the lives of others,” Rev. Rinear explained. Guest House of Milwaukee, an outreach program for homeless men, and The Women’s Center of Waukesha were also recipients of the program. A fourth organization, The Northwestern chapter of the Global Architecture Brigades also received funds to help build a medical facility in remote Honduras.
Frank D. Cummins, son of Dr. Frank and Marilyn Cummins of Brookfield, is president of the Northwestern Chapter. “The people we are helping have to hitchhike for over 120 miles to obtain health and dental care,” Cummins reported.
An introduction to the Festival, "When Hope Comes," along with presentations by the four agencies are posted on BCCs YouTube channel which can be reached though the church web site at www.brookcc.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Drew Lillibridge Earns Prestigious Eagle Scout Award
- Annual Pet Blessing
- HUSCO International named Employer of the Year
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Trinity UCC Hosting Craft Fair: "A Fair for all Seasons"
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities