Hamilton High School will be among the 16 Greater Metro Conference (GMC) teams that will host the First Annual Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Night to support the Child Abuse Prevention Programs of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
The 16 boys and girls basketball teams will compete Jan. 25 at eight high schools. Girls games are at Hamilton, Menomonee Falls, Wauwatosa East and West Allis Nathan Hale high schools. Boys games will be at Brookfield Central, Brookfield East, Marquette University and West Allis Central high schools. All games begin at 7:30 p.m. Host sites will distribute literature and athletes will wear “blue ribbons for kids” temporary tattoos to create awareness and combat the national and local epidemic of child abuse.
“Too frequently news reports detail the tragedy of emotional, physical or sexual abuse and neglect of children,” stated the event’s organizers. “In Milwaukee and Waukesha counties alone well over 400 kids are abused each month. The Greater Metro Conference’s goal is to create awareness and give any person, student or adult the courage to come forward if affected by the damaging effects of child abuse.”
Please join the GMC in supporting Child Abuse Prevention Programs of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin by attending one of the Jan. 25 evening basketball games.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Community Says Goodbye to A Much-Loved Member - Family man and Harley-Davidson executive loses consciousness while in flight
- How to Give An Eleavator Sppech
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Ince By Ince
- Joan Carey To Speak At WINGS Event
- Milwaukee Student Named Rising Star
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame