Hamilton High School will be among the 16 Greater Metro Conference (GMC) teams that will host the First Annual Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Night to support the Child Abuse Prevention Programs of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
The 16 boys and girls basketball teams will compete Jan. 25 at eight high schools. Girls games are at Hamilton, Menomonee Falls, Wauwatosa East and West Allis Nathan Hale high schools. Boys games will be at Brookfield Central, Brookfield East, Marquette University and West Allis Central high schools. All games begin at 7:30 p.m. Host sites will distribute literature and athletes will wear “blue ribbons for kids” temporary tattoos to create awareness and combat the national and local epidemic of child abuse.
“Too frequently news reports detail the tragedy of emotional, physical or sexual abuse and neglect of children,” stated the event’s organizers. “In Milwaukee and Waukesha counties alone well over 400 kids are abused each month. The Greater Metro Conference’s goal is to create awareness and give any person, student or adult the courage to come forward if affected by the damaging effects of child abuse.”
Please join the GMC in supporting Child Abuse Prevention Programs of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin by attending one of the Jan. 25 evening basketball games.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry