Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a Lake-Country-wide blood drive in conjunction with the Blood Center of Wisconsin on Thursday, January 10, from 2-7 p.m. in its Great Hall.
Donors need to weigh at least 110 pounds, be free of flu and cold and allergy symptoms, show a photo ID with birthdate on it, and be at least 17 years old, though 16-year-olds may donate with parental consent. The entire donating process takes about an hour, and all blood types are needed. More information on donating criteria is available online at bcw.edu.
To schedule a donating appointment, visit www.bcw.edu or call Jeri Bonadurer, Blood Center of Wisconsin, at 262-893-8666.
“Winter weather tends to scare off donors, and we see a decrease in blood donations this time of year,” Bonadurer said. “The demand is still high, so we are working hard to keep up with the blood bank’s needs. Nearly 800 donors are needed every day to meet the necessary supply. Blood donations from this drive will go to the local Lake Country hospitals as well as other Wisconsin hospitals in desperate need.”
The Blood Center of Wisconsin is the only provider of blood to hospitals in 29 Wisconsin counties, including all community hospitals in southeastern Wisconsin.
Christ the King Lutheran Church, with approximately 1,000 parishioners, also welcomes new members. Worship is held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m. For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- Governor Walker Visits PreventaMed Technologies to Kick Off His New Jobs Plan for Wisconsin
- Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Chill Out at 19th Annual BC Band Chili Feed - September 26th
- Device Workshop
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- How To Write and Deliver A Tale Tall
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book