Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a Lake-Country-wide blood drive in conjunction with the Blood Center of Wisconsin on Thursday, January 10, from 2-7 p.m. in its Great Hall.
Donors need to weigh at least 110 pounds, be free of flu and cold and allergy symptoms, show a photo ID with birthdate on it, and be at least 17 years old, though 16-year-olds may donate with parental consent. The entire donating process takes about an hour, and all blood types are needed. More information on donating criteria is available online at bcw.edu.
To schedule a donating appointment, visit www.bcw.edu or call Jeri Bonadurer, Blood Center of Wisconsin, at 262-893-8666.
“Winter weather tends to scare off donors, and we see a decrease in blood donations this time of year,” Bonadurer said. “The demand is still high, so we are working hard to keep up with the blood bank’s needs. Nearly 800 donors are needed every day to meet the necessary supply. Blood donations from this drive will go to the local Lake Country hospitals as well as other Wisconsin hospitals in desperate need.”
The Blood Center of Wisconsin is the only provider of blood to hospitals in 29 Wisconsin counties, including all community hospitals in southeastern Wisconsin.
Christ the King Lutheran Church, with approximately 1,000 parishioners, also welcomes new members. Worship is held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m. For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry