John Thompson, a Brookfield resident, is being recognized for his efforts as a key contributor to Northwestern Mutual’s 2012 United Way of Greater Milwaukee’s employee campaign.
Thompson has supported United Way for years, evolving from volunteer participant to ambassador trainer. As part of his key role, Thompson helped lead the campaign to success by rallying fellow Northwestern Mutual co-workers in the law department.
More than $4 million was raised this year from employee, retiree and Northwestern Mutual Foundation contributions – a new record. As a result of community-wide giving, United Way will help more than 400,000 people by strategically funding more than 160 programs in education, income and health.
“Because of John’s leadership, United Way will be able to strengthen the communities where our employees live and work,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts – including United Way – through group activities, mentoring, charity drives and service on nonprofit boards.
“How wonderful is it to ask your fellow employees to give to a critical cause – and then have them step up and give back in such a big way?” said Thompson. “It’s exciting to know that United Way partners will have an extra $4 million this year to help people-in-need across the Milwaukee area.”
Northwestern Mutual is a leading corporate donor to United Way of Greater Milwaukee, having contributed more than $31 million over the last 10 years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin’s Living History Artist Ride Photoshoot
- WCTC offers Home Building Seminar in October
- Are you game? Test your Backgammon mettle
- Award winning WWII book to be discussed at the Brookfield Library
- Newcastle Place to Host Oktoberfest Celebration
- Germantown Business's Continued Growth
- R.A. Smith National Named a “2015 Best Firms to Work For” in the Nation by Zweig Group
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- IKE Football Celebrating 20th Anniversary of 1995 State Championship
- Get up, get out, get active at free Day of Play event!