Chad W. Schaefer, a Scout in Troop 16 of Brookfield, Wisconsin, was recognized for receiving the highest award in the Boy Scouts of America, the rank of Eagle Scout. This presentation was recently made during a ceremony held at St. John's Lutheran Church located at 20275 Davidson Road, Brookfield, WI where Mark Paget, the Eagle Presenter, introduced Chad and his accomplishments. Past Troop 16 Eagles also presented Chad with an American flag flown over the National Capitol.
Chad graduated from Brookfield Central High School on the Academic Honor Roll and as a scholar athlete. Currently, Chad is attending the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and plans to earn a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Computer Science. Chad is a baptized and confirmed member of St. John’s Lutheran Church where he serves as an usher, communion assistant and team member for the Hope Center Project Move. He also assists with the landscaping and snow shoveling at St. John’s.
During his years in Scouting, Chad earned 34 merit badges and has served in various leadership positions including Troop Guide, Troop Historian, Patrol Leader and Assistant Senior Patrol Leader. He has been involved in scouting for 13 years beginning as a Cub Scout and has earned the Arrow of Light, God and Self Religious Emblem and God and Family Religious Emblem.
For his Eagle Service Project Chad planned, organized and supervised the disassembling and replacement of 500 feet of split-rail fencing at the Wehr Nature Center in Franklin, Wisconsin, a 220 acre nature preserve. Where necessary, posts were replaced prior to the fencing getting re-assembled at a specific height. The fence and posts were then straightened and cemented. Additionally, the existing mulch along the walkway was refreshed by spreading out new mulch and distributing it evenly along the trail. Chad recruited and led a group of 27 youth and adult volunteers over a two-day stretch to complete the project. The volunteers logged a total of 213 hours of service on the project with more than 100 additional hours of time spent by Chad in the preparation of materials for the actual work days, finalization and approval of the completed project.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive