Waukesha, WI-- Was Santa good to your winter weather wardrobe? The Waukesha Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB) is still collecting new or gently used coats, sweaters, hats, mittens and other warm clothing items as part of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism’s “The Big Bundle Up” campaign, a great reason to sort through closets and donate unused coats! “The Big Bundle Up” is a statewide collection program that concludes Jan. 4, 2013.
With the spirit of the holiday season upon us, donating winter items is the perfect way to give back to Wisconsin families in need. A collection box is located in Waukesha Pewaukee CVB office, N14 W23755 Stone Ridge Dr. Ste. 225, Waukesha for donors to drop off warm clothing items. While here, don’t forget to pick up the Waukesha Pewaukee 2013 Visitor Guide along with other brochures on area attractions, restaurants and area maps.
All items donated will be given to the Waukesha’s Hope Center and Waukesha County Head Start program. Previously donated items were given to Waukesha County Christmas Clearing Council (WCCCC) to create a memorable Christmas for those in need.
The Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB) is an economic development organization that strengthens the area by attracting visitors in the convention, sports and leisure markets. Through CVB sales and marketing efforts, Waukesha Pewaukee hosts lively meetings of waterfronts, downtowns, fun and people. To learn more about our meetings visit www.visitwaukesha.org.
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Five Tips for “Greening” the Kitchen From Callen Construction
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Residents Participate in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Sikich Moves In to the Top 10 on Milwaukee’s Annual Book of Lists
- 35th Annual Ice Age Trail Endurance Run