Christ the King Series presents Mental Health Series with Rogers Behavioral Health System
Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 Genesee St., Delafield, is beginning a new Forum Series that will feature topics of interest each month. The January forum will be a special, four-part series, hosted each week by staff from Rogers Memorial Hospital and Rogers InHealth. The inaugural forum, which will be held on Sunday, January 13, in the Great Hall from 10-11 a.m., will feature presentation and discussion on the topic of trauma. The next three forums will address anxiety, addictions, and spiritual care.
These Mental Health and Well-Being forums will continue on Sundays, January 20 and 27, and conclude on Sunday, February 3. Each session will feature specialists from Rogers Memorial Hospital and will include descriptions of the treatment of mental illness and addictions at Rogers.
Besides providing valuable insights into mental health issues for both families and individuals, the forums will explore the significant connections between mental health and spiritual health. The format will include discussion of mental health issues from a general public perspective, a focus on the continuum of experiences, signs of trouble, and potential barriers to and support systems in reaching out for help.
Pastor Gary Grindeland of Christ the King Lutheran Church commented that the new series has been designed to help people deal with issues and concerns that affect everyday life, especially timely given the recent tragedies that have occurred both in Connecticut and even closer to home.”
Pastor Grindeland added, “Because we are a community church and very interested and involved in the public good and overall health of the entire community, these forums are intended to allow us to get to know each other better so that we may gain greater understanding and renewed appreciation for the human spirit. That’s what it means to be in community with each other.”
The next scheduled forums will be held on Sunday, February 17, March 24, April 14, and May 5 with topics yet to be determined. The forums will cover a variety of life issues, from health issues to entertainment, and there is no charge for these events. These sessions are open to the public
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Comedy for a Cause Benefits Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm