New Berlin Police Department Announces K-9 Fundraiser Campaign
The New Berlin Police Department and the New Berlin Police Department Citizen’s Academy Alumni Association are partnering to raise funds for a new police canine to join forces with our current canine Bac. Canine Bac (pronounced Bach) is almost eleven years old and has been working with Sgt. Kevin Turner since October, 2003.
During his career (so far), Bac has been used over 1,250 times and has assisted over 35 different law enforcement agencies. He has been responsible for the recovery of over $250,000 in cash and drugs including one traffic stop that netted 8.8 pounds of cocaine. Bac is also responsible for over 400 criminal charges and has located over two dozen fleeing or hidden suspects. He has also appreared at over 100 demonstrations for public events and school functions, including several DARE graduations.
The department is trying to raise $15,000 so the new canine can be purchased and trained before Bac retires from duty. The department uses the canine for handler protection, drug detection and searches, tracking criminals and finding lost people. They also assist the SWAT team in clearing buildings before officers are sent in. The department is looking for tax-deductible donations from individuals, businesses and service clubs to reach our goal by May, 2013.
If you are interested in donating to the Canine Fund, or would like more information, please contact Captain Mike Glider at (262) 780-8109 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations can be made payable to: New Berlin Police Department
New Berlin Police Department
Attn: Captain Mike Glider
16300 W. National Avenue
New Berlin, WI 53151
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive