FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information:
Lori Hayes, Division Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(December 12, 2012) – Waukesha, WI – United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following opportunities:
Provide a Meal for Homeless Men, Salvation Army, Waukesha
Wednesday dinners are needed for men staying at the Salvation Army Emergency Lodge. Volunteers would prepare the meal ahead of time and bring it to the shelter located at 445 Madison St. 35-41 men are residing at the shelter each evening. We are looking for church or service groups to commit to a once a month meal schedule. Requirements: Volunteers must be 18 or older or accompanied by a parent. Volunteers must purchase and prepare the food ahead of time. There are not facilities on site to prepare the food. Contact Marcy Stutzman, (262)547-7367
Holiday Gift Wrapping, The Literacy Council of Greater Waukesha
The Literacy Council of Greater Waukesha is in need of volunteers to wrap gifts at Barnes & Noble at Brookfield Square on Thursday, December 20 and Friday December 21, 2012. Choose your shift between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Barnes & Noble invites non-profit organizations to wrap gifts for store customers and keep any tips that the customers donate. Requirements: A minimum of two people is required at the wrapping table. Minors may wrap, but they must be accompanied by and adult. Contact Debbie Running, (262)547-7323
Do You Like to Bake? Salvation Army, Waukesha
Pies are needed for the Christmas Eve Dinner! Volunteers will bake the pies and drop them off during the week prior to the holiday (Dec. 17-21) during office hours, Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Please notify us ahead of time with the number of pies you will be baking so that we can plan accordingly. Homemade pies baked with love add such a nice touch to the holiday meal! Contact Marcy Stutzman,
Elf Land, Hebron House, Waukesha
Elf Land is an opportunity for families in need to gather and enjoy food, fellowship, and entertainment all while children pick out Christmas gifts to give to their moms, dads and grandparents. Elf Land has been a tradition for many years, and it is an event that continues to grow each year. This year we are expecting a record attendance of families and Elves to help pull off this tradition for the needy in Waukesha County. Volunteers are needed on December 19 to transport gifts, December 20 to inventory gifts, and December 21 to sort gifts. Contact Cathy Malkani, (262)522-1403.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Types of Allergies
- SDNB Awarded $100K for Innovative School-to-Work Programs
- Youth Cheerleading Registration Now Open!
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Meal!
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness