Waukesha, Wis. – 4 P’s in a Pod, which serves healthy school lunches to children in four counties daily, has been certified by the Wisconsin Department of Administration as a Woman-Owned Business Enterprise.
The Waukesha company (www.4psinapod.com)earned the certification after completing a thorough assessment process through the state agency. The WBE criteria address ownership, management and control of eligible businesses.
4 P’s in a Pod is owned and operated by Peg Paul, who prides herself on providing school lunch menus that fortify students to achieve success in both academics and personal health. Paul brings a zest for both business operations and culinary exploration to the daily challenge of feeding more than 1,700 children.
“I’m very pleased that 4 P’s in a Pod has earned its WBE certification,” Paul said. “This company’s growth has been a rewarding and fulfilling journey, and the WBE certification is another step to help create future opportunities.”
4 P’s in a Pod prepares and delivers healthy school lunches to students at 18 private schools in the metro Milwaukee area. The company’s school lunch menus include fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, options for meatless entrees and no deep frying. Parents order meals online through 4 P’s in a Pod’s web site, with choices for entrees and serving sizes offered daily.
A WBE certification can be a valuable tool for woman-owned businesses seeking to increase their market share. Many government agencies and corporations employ diversity goals in contracting, with WBE-certified companies often included in the parameters.
Founded in 2005, 4 P’s in a Pod employs more than 20 people to create healthy school lunches that both students and parents love. Its passion for good food and good taste is reflected in the company’s steady growth, an offshoot of its commitment to prepare the highest-quality food following strict standards for nutrition, training and cleanliness.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Hurry! Hamilton Class of 60s-70s Reunion is Almost Here
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County