Waukesha, Wis. – 4 P’s in a Pod, which serves healthy school lunches to children in four counties daily, has been certified by the Wisconsin Department of Administration as a Woman-Owned Business Enterprise.
The Waukesha company (www.4psinapod.com)earned the certification after completing a thorough assessment process through the state agency. The WBE criteria address ownership, management and control of eligible businesses.
4 P’s in a Pod is owned and operated by Peg Paul, who prides herself on providing school lunch menus that fortify students to achieve success in both academics and personal health. Paul brings a zest for both business operations and culinary exploration to the daily challenge of feeding more than 1,700 children.
“I’m very pleased that 4 P’s in a Pod has earned its WBE certification,” Paul said. “This company’s growth has been a rewarding and fulfilling journey, and the WBE certification is another step to help create future opportunities.”
4 P’s in a Pod prepares and delivers healthy school lunches to students at 18 private schools in the metro Milwaukee area. The company’s school lunch menus include fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, options for meatless entrees and no deep frying. Parents order meals online through 4 P’s in a Pod’s web site, with choices for entrees and serving sizes offered daily.
A WBE certification can be a valuable tool for woman-owned businesses seeking to increase their market share. Many government agencies and corporations employ diversity goals in contracting, with WBE-certified companies often included in the parameters.
Founded in 2005, 4 P’s in a Pod employs more than 20 people to create healthy school lunches that both students and parents love. Its passion for good food and good taste is reflected in the company’s steady growth, an offshoot of its commitment to prepare the highest-quality food following strict standards for nutrition, training and cleanliness.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust Expands Dedicated Mortgage Lending Offices in Brookfield, Madison and Green Bay
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World