The City of Brookfield’s Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department is Offering Several New Programs for Winter 2013
· Archery – New classes for both youth and adult are scheduled for the winter and spring season presented by West Town Archery. After completing this class a shooter should have the skills to shoot any archery equipment safely and accurately with proper form. In addition to the classes, each student will receive a one-hour shooting pass with equipment to use at a later date of their choosing.
The fee is $40 per archer for the complete set of (4) 1-hour classes.
Youth (ages 8-16) classes are scheduled for:
January 9,16,23,30 5-6 p.m.
February 4,11,18,25 7-8 p.m.
March 4, 11, 18, 25 7-8 p.m.
April 8, 15, 22, 29 7-8 p.m.
May 6, 13, 20, 27 7-8 p.m.
Adult (ages 14-up) classes are scheduled for:
February 6, 13, 20, 27 5-6 p.m.
April 3, 10, 17, 24 5-6 p.m.
May 8, 15, 22, 29 5-6 p.m.
· Learn to Ice Skate – Introductory ice skating lessons for youth and adults in partnership with The Ponds of Brookfield Ice Arena. Classes will allow the beginner skater to feel comfortable on the ice while gaining the basic skating techniques needed to move around the ice with confidence and ease. The four week program will meet once a week on Sundays from 4:00-4:30 p.m. Two sessions will be offered: January 13-February 3 and February 10-March 3. The cost is $40 (resident), $60 (Elmbrook School District Resident), $80 (non-resident) per person.
· Play Day 2013 – Friday, February 22, 2013. The event will take place at the Brookfield East High School field house from 10:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. This is a scheduled “day off” from school. Basketball hoops will be available, as well as jump ropes, hula hoops and other fun activities to play. Children 8 years old and under can bring their big wheel, cozy coupe, tricycle, or other small bicycle to the field house and ride on the indoor track. Please no skateboards, razors/scooters, large bikes, or in-line skates. Please be sure your tires are clean and smooth, free of rocks and pebbles. FREE
Registration for these programs and other Youth and Adult Winter and Spring Programs (programs dated January - May) offered by the Brookfield Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department and advertised in the Fall/Winter/Spring Activity Guide will begin either on-line or in-person on Saturday, January 5, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. In addition to on-line or in-person registration, adults may mail in or drop off their registrations. Mailed or dropped off registrations are opened and processed randomly beginning January 5, 2013.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Bank Financial Centre Hosting “Holi-Days of Giving”
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic
- Parenting: Love and Logic
- BodyLabUSA Holistic Healing & Psychic Fair, Coming to You!