Verizon Wireless “Hope For The Holidays Toy Drive” to Benefit Children of Domestic Violence Survivors
Verizon Wireless has announced the kickoff of its “Hope for the Holidays Toy Drive.” The drive will benefit domestic violence agencies throughout the state of Wisconsin, including The Women’s Center in Waukesha, Wis. With a simple donation, residents have a chance to impact the life of a child in need this holiday season.
Donations can be made through Saturday, Dec. 15 at any participating Verizon Wireless Communications Store in the Waukesha area during regular business hours. For a complete listing of store locations where items can be donated to The Women’s Center, please see below.
Donated gifts may include items such as coloring books, crayons, board games, cars/trucks, dolls, action figures, stuffed animals, arts and crafts kits, and G-rated DVDs. All donations must be new, packaged, but unwrapped.
“Children are often the forgotten victims of domestic violence,” said T.J. Fox, region president, Verizon Wireless. “Those living in and supported by the domestic violence shelters and service organizations need love and support. By making a small donation of a new toy, people can help make the holiday season special for a child impacted by domestic violence.”
• 3150 Golf Road, Delafield
• 1200 W. Sunset Drive, Waukesha
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save 40-80% at Olive Promotions Sample Sale
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Express Employment Professionals Awarded “Best of Staffing”
- First annual Village Extreme to be held June 22, 2013 in Brookfield Village
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Free music event at Luther Manor
- Butler's Picnic in the Park to Feature Vintage Baseball, Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Student’s award brings resources to high school
- Hamilton cheerleaders sponsor clinic