Verizon Wireless “Hope For The Holidays Toy Drive” to Benefit Children of Domestic Violence Survivors
Verizon Wireless has announced the kickoff of its “Hope for the Holidays Toy Drive.” The drive will benefit domestic violence agencies throughout the state of Wisconsin, including The Women’s Center in Waukesha, Wis. With a simple donation, residents have a chance to impact the life of a child in need this holiday season.
Donations can be made through Saturday, Dec. 15 at any participating Verizon Wireless Communications Store in the Waukesha area during regular business hours. For a complete listing of store locations where items can be donated to The Women’s Center, please see below.
Donated gifts may include items such as coloring books, crayons, board games, cars/trucks, dolls, action figures, stuffed animals, arts and crafts kits, and G-rated DVDs. All donations must be new, packaged, but unwrapped.
“Children are often the forgotten victims of domestic violence,” said T.J. Fox, region president, Verizon Wireless. “Those living in and supported by the domestic violence shelters and service organizations need love and support. By making a small donation of a new toy, people can help make the holiday season special for a child impacted by domestic violence.”
• 3150 Golf Road, Delafield
• 1200 W. Sunset Drive, Waukesha
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Discussing Mr. Mercedes at the Brookfield Library
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- The Corked Canvas hosts “Paint Your Pet” fundraiser for Elmbrook Humane Society