FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information:
Lori Hayes, Division Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(December 4, 2012) – Waukesha, WI – United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following opportunities:
Spanish Interpreter for Christmas Toy Shop, Christmas Clearing Council, Waukesha
Volunteer Spanish translators are needed on Saturday December 15 for 3 hour shifts from 8:30am-2:00pm at St. Williams Church in Waukesha. Volunteers will be working at the Toy Shop held by Christmas Clearing Council. They will help parents select Christmas gifts for their children. Requirements: Volunteers must be proficient in both Spanish and English.
Facilitator Assistant - Children's Groups, Parents Place, Waukesha
Help co-facilitate our children's classes. Classes take place Monday through Thursday evenings for two hours; times range between 5:00-8:00pm. Co-facilitators will assist with class management. On-sight training will be provided. Requirements: Volunteers must be a minimum age of 18. Volunteers must enjoy working with children.
GED Tutors, Literacy Council of Greater Waukesha, Waukesha
Volunteers are needed to tutor students that did not graduate from high school and are studying for their General Equivalency Degree or High School Equivalency Degree. Tutors meet with their students at least once per week for an hour at a local library, school, or public building. Volunteers are needed throughout Waukesha County. Dates and times are coordinated between the tutor and their student once matched. Requirements: Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old. Training is included.
RSVP Seniors and Students/Waukesha Program!!, Retired And Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), Waukesha
Opportunity to tutor elementary aged children in math or reading at Waukesha Elementary Schools. Individualized placement available for what works with your schedule. Come and make a difference in the life of a child! Requirements: Volunteers should be 55+. Volunteers must provide their own transportation. Background check is required.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why should everyone get massages regularly?
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Kicks off Movers for Military Drive to Help Veterans in Shelters
- Tech Trends workshops continue on October 8, 2015 due to exceptional success
- Brookfield Chamber hosts 10th anniversary ribbon-cutting for Absolute Pilates
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post - Disc Herniation
- Dianne Gleixner Teaches Basketry
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Donates More Than $2,000 to Elmbrook Schools in September
- A Delicious Gift of Coffee Sent to Our Local Troops Overseas
- Trinity UCC Hosting "A Fair for all Seasons" Craft Fair
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers