FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information:
Lori Hayes, Division Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(December 4, 2012) – Waukesha, WI – United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following opportunities:
Spanish Interpreter for Christmas Toy Shop, Christmas Clearing Council, Waukesha
Volunteer Spanish translators are needed on Saturday December 15 for 3 hour shifts from 8:30am-2:00pm at St. Williams Church in Waukesha. Volunteers will be working at the Toy Shop held by Christmas Clearing Council. They will help parents select Christmas gifts for their children. Requirements: Volunteers must be proficient in both Spanish and English.
Facilitator Assistant - Children's Groups, Parents Place, Waukesha
Help co-facilitate our children's classes. Classes take place Monday through Thursday evenings for two hours; times range between 5:00-8:00pm. Co-facilitators will assist with class management. On-sight training will be provided. Requirements: Volunteers must be a minimum age of 18. Volunteers must enjoy working with children.
GED Tutors, Literacy Council of Greater Waukesha, Waukesha
Volunteers are needed to tutor students that did not graduate from high school and are studying for their General Equivalency Degree or High School Equivalency Degree. Tutors meet with their students at least once per week for an hour at a local library, school, or public building. Volunteers are needed throughout Waukesha County. Dates and times are coordinated between the tutor and their student once matched. Requirements: Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old. Training is included.
RSVP Seniors and Students/Waukesha Program!!, Retired And Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), Waukesha
Opportunity to tutor elementary aged children in math or reading at Waukesha Elementary Schools. Individualized placement available for what works with your schedule. Come and make a difference in the life of a child! Requirements: Volunteers should be 55+. Volunteers must provide their own transportation. Background check is required.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield's Knights of Columbus Are Santa's Helpers for Milwaukee's Poor
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Brookfield resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Brandish Creative Group launches to support regional small businesses
- City of Brookfield's Winter/Spring Activity Registration, January 10, 2015
- Merry Christmas to the World!