BROOKFIELD, Wis. – North Shore Bank today announced that it will host the fourth annual Race for the Hungry event at its El Rey supermarket branch at 1320 W. Burnham St in Milwaukee. Race for the Hungry is a fun way for the community to help support local food pantries and win free groceries.
The in-store branch will select two entrants to race through the supermarket aisles to fill the local food pantry’s wish list. The winner will receive a $100 grocery gift card and the runner-up will receive a $50 card. The food collected during the race will be donated by the bank to the pantry.
The branch will also accept donations of non-perishable food items for the Milwaukee Christian Center pantry throughout December.
“North Shore Bank is proud to host the fourth annual Race for the Hungry,” said Janet Dexter, district manager for the bank. “In the spirit of the holiday season, this event helps the community give back to local food pantries and families in need. We encourage everyone to get involved, whether by dashing up and down supermarket aisles or donating non-perishable food items.”
People can enter to Race for the Hungry through Dec. 16 at North Shore Bank’s El Rey Foodmart branch. The race between the two selected finalists will be held at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 27. All items collected during the race will feed local families in need.
North Shore Bank, headquartered in Brookfield, is one of the strongest banks in the country. It has assets of nearly $1.8 billion and more than 45 offices throughout eastern Wisconsin, and northern Illinois. Wisconsin branch locations are in metro Milwaukee, Ozaukee County, Racine, Kenosha, Appleton, Menasha, the Green Bay area, Burlington, Union Grove, Muskego, and Door County. Locate a North Shore Bank office. You can also follow North Shore Bank on Facebook and Twitter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- College Works Painting Internship
- American Lung Association’s State of Tobacco Control 2016 Gives Wisconsin Mixed Grades for Efforts to Save Lives by Reducing Tobacco Use
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland