Hamilton High School’s Lance members learned that their 2011-12 yearbook, “On the Edge,” earned high honors from regional and national student journalism associations. “On the Edge” earned a first class rating from the National Scholastic Press Association and was awarded the prestigious ALL KEMPA, presented to the top 10 judged books by the Kettle Moraine Press Association.
Students participated in the KEMPA Journalism Conference at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater shortly after returning from the national convention in San Antonio. Students who attended the conference and were members of the extracurricular club when “On the Edge” was created were former Lance editor and 2012 Hamilton graduate Mariah Schuldt and current Hamilton students Caroline Hope, Hannah Hutchison, Maureen Heaster, Brianna Stubler, Amanda Heisdorf and Amanda Frey-Klug. They were accompanied by Hamilton art teacher and yearbook advisor Pam Mierow.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Recycle Electronics to Benefit People with Disabilities
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Free Flower Show at State Fair Park
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Newcastle Place to sponsor Fan Appreciation Night at Lakeshore Chinooks game
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Get Back 2 School 4 a G8 Deal!
- Fall into Free Fab Skincare!
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair