Hamilton High School’s Lance members learned that their 2011-12 yearbook, “On the Edge,” earned high honors from regional and national student journalism associations. “On the Edge” earned a first class rating from the National Scholastic Press Association and was awarded the prestigious ALL KEMPA, presented to the top 10 judged books by the Kettle Moraine Press Association.
Students participated in the KEMPA Journalism Conference at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater shortly after returning from the national convention in San Antonio. Students who attended the conference and were members of the extracurricular club when “On the Edge” was created were former Lance editor and 2012 Hamilton graduate Mariah Schuldt and current Hamilton students Caroline Hope, Hannah Hutchison, Maureen Heaster, Brianna Stubler, Amanda Heisdorf and Amanda Frey-Klug. They were accompanied by Hamilton art teacher and yearbook advisor Pam Mierow.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Trinity UCC to Host Silent Auction Fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Planning the Patio Vegetable Garden
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Adults Skate Too
- Local Businesses Join Together to Support Youngest Victims of Domestic Violence
- John Kastner of R.A. Smith National Receives Young Engineer of the Year Award
- Gary Dunco Achieves Ameriprise Private Wealth Advisor Status