Hamilton High School’s Lance members learned that their 2011-12 yearbook, “On the Edge,” earned high honors from regional and national student journalism associations. “On the Edge” earned a first class rating from the National Scholastic Press Association and was awarded the prestigious ALL KEMPA, presented to the top 10 judged books by the Kettle Moraine Press Association.
Students participated in the KEMPA Journalism Conference at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater shortly after returning from the national convention in San Antonio. Students who attended the conference and were members of the extracurricular club when “On the Edge” was created were former Lance editor and 2012 Hamilton graduate Mariah Schuldt and current Hamilton students Caroline Hope, Hannah Hutchison, Maureen Heaster, Brianna Stubler, Amanda Heisdorf and Amanda Frey-Klug. They were accompanied by Hamilton art teacher and yearbook advisor Pam Mierow.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October events
- Shorewood soprano to sing world premiere
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Concert:
- Vietnam Book To Be Discussed At Brookfield Library
- Ceramic Class with Carmen Bond
- Elite Sports Clubs To Host FREE Dog Day Event October 17th
- Tosa Library Book Sale
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Benefit Concert/Dinner for St. John's Youth
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Find the Right Pillow for a Healthier Night’s Sleep
- INTEGRATED HEALTH NETWORK NAMES WIEDL FINANCE DIRECTOR