Hamilton High School’s Lance members learned that their 2011-12 yearbook, “On the Edge,” earned high honors from regional and national student journalism associations. “On the Edge” earned a first class rating from the National Scholastic Press Association and was awarded the prestigious ALL KEMPA, presented to the top 10 judged books by the Kettle Moraine Press Association.
Students participated in the KEMPA Journalism Conference at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater shortly after returning from the national convention in San Antonio. Students who attended the conference and were members of the extracurricular club when “On the Edge” was created were former Lance editor and 2012 Hamilton graduate Mariah Schuldt and current Hamilton students Caroline Hope, Hannah Hutchison, Maureen Heaster, Brianna Stubler, Amanda Heisdorf and Amanda Frey-Klug. They were accompanied by Hamilton art teacher and yearbook advisor Pam Mierow.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CTV Easter Week Services
- Mount Mary University Offers Creative Connections Camp
- City of Brookfield's 2014 Summer Program Registration
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- April Math Awareness Month
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Finale Music Notation Software for Beginners
- Free Community Open House
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014