FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information:
Lori Hayes, Division Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(November 27, 2012) – Waukesha, WI – United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following opportunities:
Friendly Visitor, ADRC, Waukesha
If you are compassionate and motivated, our Friendly Visitor Program is perfect for you! The friendly visitor provides support for older adults who may not have friends or family nearby. Friends spend at least one hour a week visiting their assigned client or taking them out in the community. Currently we are in need of friendly visitors in the following Waukesha County communities: Brookfield, Hartland, Oconomowoc, New Berlin, North Prairie, Mukwonago, and Waukesha. Mileage reimbursement is provided. Requirements: Volunteers must be 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance. An application is required and we do background checks as well.
Fitness Childcare, Waukesha Parks, Recreation And Forestry, Waukesha
Volunteers needed to help facilitate play. In fitness childcare, children spend time playing with other children while their parents are staying healthy participating in exercise classes. Must fill out a volunteer form and pass a background check.
Art Class Assistant, Adaptive Community Approach Program, Waukesha
Do you enjoy the arts? Art class assistants are needed to lend a hand to students who have disabilities with art projects and provide whatever assistance is needed. The volunteer might work one on one with a particular person who needs attention or work with many different students. Hours and days available are Monday - Friday between 9:30am-3:00pm. Requirements: Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. An application, interview and background check are required. A commitment of at least 4 months is requested.
Angel Tree Donations, Salvation Army, Waukesha
Angel Tree program allows you to purchase a gift for a single child or children from a financially challenged family during the holidays. Beginning in November, Angel Tags are available at the Salvation Army and contain information about a new gift item desired by a child. Purchase the gift and return it to the Salvation Army. A great way to give something back to a child in need!
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help