ORBIS Corporation, North America’s leading manufacturer of sustainable reusable packaging and an expert in supply chain optimization, held an annual food drive at its Oconomowoc headquarters. This fall, ORBIS kicked off its annual “Race Against Hunger,” and during October and November, ORBIS employees formed competitive teams and held a variety of fundraisers, including raffles, breakfasts, luncheons and a silent auction for custom gift baskets, which included many donated items from local businesses. This year’s “Race Against Hunger” raised more than $9,000 for the Oconomowoc, Waukesha, Jefferson and Watertown food pantries, nearly doubling the amount of money raised through the drive in 2011.
With nearly 150 employees at its headquarters, ORBIS has held this food drive for three years, helping families throughout Waukesha, Jefferson and Dodge counties.
ORBIS strives to make a positive difference in communities by supporting local organizations that benefit to local people in need. As part of the Menasha Corporation Foundation, ORBIS has a Community Action Team at each location to serve the local community. Menasha Corporation was founded by Elisha D. Smith, a Fox Valley area philanthropist, in 1849. Today, with programs such as “Race Against Hunger,” the Menasha Corporation Foundation continues to carry on the tradition of Elisha D. Smith’s giving.
In addition to “Race for Hunger”, as part of its Community Giving program throughout the year, ORBIS makes financial donations to many local charities, including AngelsGrace Hospice, Retzer Nature Center and the Waukesha Literacy Council.
To learn more about ORBIS Corporation, visit www.orbiscorporation.com.
Photo: From left to right, Lois Jackson from the Oconomowoc Food Pantry, Cathy Curran from ORBIS Corporation, and Bill Jackson from the Oconomowoc Food Pantry.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Enhance Your Home’s Exterior With Tips From Callen
- Graphics Systems Corp. Expands Executive Team with Manufacturing Industry Veteran
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Named One of the Top Footwear Stores In America
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- Newcastle Place to sponsor Kids & Seniors Day at Lakeshore Chinooks game
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Three Professionals Bring New Expertise, Experience to ActionCOACH Business Coaching