ORBIS Corporation, North America’s leading manufacturer of sustainable reusable packaging and an expert in supply chain optimization, held an annual food drive at its Oconomowoc headquarters. This fall, ORBIS kicked off its annual “Race Against Hunger,” and during October and November, ORBIS employees formed competitive teams and held a variety of fundraisers, including raffles, breakfasts, luncheons and a silent auction for custom gift baskets, which included many donated items from local businesses. This year’s “Race Against Hunger” raised more than $9,000 for the Oconomowoc, Waukesha, Jefferson and Watertown food pantries, nearly doubling the amount of money raised through the drive in 2011.
With nearly 150 employees at its headquarters, ORBIS has held this food drive for three years, helping families throughout Waukesha, Jefferson and Dodge counties.
ORBIS strives to make a positive difference in communities by supporting local organizations that benefit to local people in need. As part of the Menasha Corporation Foundation, ORBIS has a Community Action Team at each location to serve the local community. Menasha Corporation was founded by Elisha D. Smith, a Fox Valley area philanthropist, in 1849. Today, with programs such as “Race Against Hunger,” the Menasha Corporation Foundation continues to carry on the tradition of Elisha D. Smith’s giving.
In addition to “Race for Hunger”, as part of its Community Giving program throughout the year, ORBIS makes financial donations to many local charities, including AngelsGrace Hospice, Retzer Nature Center and the Waukesha Literacy Council.
To learn more about ORBIS Corporation, visit www.orbiscorporation.com.
Photo: From left to right, Lois Jackson from the Oconomowoc Food Pantry, Cathy Curran from ORBIS Corporation, and Bill Jackson from the Oconomowoc Food Pantry.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event