The Miller-Davidson House at Old Falls Village will be festively-decorated in a Currier and Ives theme for the holidays and open for visitors on Sunday, December 2 from 1:00-4:00 p.m. for the annual Silver Tea. The Menomonee Falls Historical Society will offer free admission, parking and refreshments for this event. Donations are gratefully accepted. A Christmas Cookie Bake Sale will be held in the Public House with a limited supply of cookies sold in Currier and Ives tins and plates. Mrs. Santa will pay a visit and read stories to the children.
Tour this lovely, restored home which was once the summer home of Emma Davidson of Harley-Davidson. Ladies, gentlemen and children will enjoy tea, coffee and homemade Christmas cookies as they savor the sights and smells of days gone by. The home will be decorated by the Menomonee Falls Garden Club and supported by Bank of Memories & Flowers and Shady Lane Greenhouse.
The Miller-Davidson house anchors the 22 acre historical park at Old Falls Village. Built in 1858 in the Greek Revival style popular at the time, the house is built of locally quarried limestone with mortar lime coming from the lime kilns. The Miller-Davidson House, original to the site, is special in many ways beginning with an unusual arched foundation. In 1935 it was selected by the Federal Government's Historic American Building Survey. And in 1973 the National Register of Historic Places listed this beautiful early American farm home among those to be preserved for future generations. The house has not been restored to its original state but is presented as a house improved as lifestyles improved. It now houses an eclectic decorative arts collection.
Old Falls Village is located at the corner of Hwy. Q and Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls. See www.oldfallsvillage.com for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry