Marcus Theatres to Show "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" in High Frame Rate 3D at Area Theatres
Marcus Theatres will present The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey at area theatres in the new High Frame Rate (HFR) 3D format, beginning with the film’s release on Thursday, December 13. This advanced, 48 frames-per-second (fps), frame rate is twice as fast as traditional 24 frames-per-second presentations, resulting in images that are more lifelike and sharper than ever. Fewer than 500 auditoriums in North America will feature the film in this format and Marcus Theatres will be the only exhibitor showing the film in HFR 3D in Wisconsin.
The locations offering the film in the HFR 3D include the North Shore Cinema in Mequon; the Majestic Cinema in Brookfield and the Renaissance Cinema in Sturtevant.
“We are very pleased to be among the first theatres in the country to show The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in this exciting new HFR 3D format. Moviegoers will experience stunningly detailed, amazingly sharp images on our screens like they’ve never seen before. The action sequences, in particular, will be incredibly crisp and lifelike and will keep audiences on the edge of their seats,” said Bruce J. Olson, president of Marcus Theatres.
Olson added, “This marks a historic point in the presentation of motion pictures. Early silent films had a frame rate of 14fps, which was sufficient to provide a sense of motion, however the movements were somewhat shaky. The frame rate was then increased to 24fps, which has been the worldwide standard for nearly 90 years. Last year, we installed digital cinema systems capable of running the new HFR 3D 48fps technology. Our MDX™ (Marcus Digital Xperience™) systems now enable moviegoers at select theatres to experience these latest advancements in the moviegoing industry.”
For tickets and showtimes, please visit the Marcus Theatres website: www.marcustheatres.com.
The film will also be shown in traditional 2D and 3D at other Marcus Theatres locations throughout the Midwest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Winners of the 47th annual Waukesha County Courthouse Purchase Award Art Contest
- Festival of Trees
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- Tree lighting ceremony to take place at Luther Manor
- CARE WISCONSIN WAUKESHA OFFICE RELOCATING TO FIRST FLOOR OF CURRENT BUILDING
- Recycling of Your Used Electronics for FREE This Holiday Season
- Fill your stockings with the gift of Parks and Golf