Brookfield, Wis. – The Epilepsy Foundation of Southeastern Wisconsin has recognized Brookfield residents Tom and Sally Rondeau, and their entire family, for their ongoing volunteer work and support of the organization.
The Rondeau family received the Lila Marcus Award Friday at the Epilepsy Foundation’s 19th annual Toast of the Town auction and dinner. The award, named after the late executive director of EFSEW, honors an individual or family who has overcome the challenges of epilepsy and raised awareness of the chronic neurological disorder.
The Rondeau family has lived for many years in Brookfield and Elm Grove. Tom Rondeau taught at Wauwatosa East High School. Sally Rondeau headed the physical therapy department at St. Camillus Health Center in Wauwatosa.
Scott Rondeau, Tom and Sally Rondeau’s son, graduated from Brookfield Central High School in 1985 and owns Candy Bouquet in Wauwatosa. His sister, Susan Rondeau, is a 1984 BCHS graduate who teaches at the Goddard School in Brookfield.
The Rondeau family volunteers annually at the Epilepsy Foundation’s summer Brainstorm Run/Walk. Candy Bouquet has been honored to create and design centerpieces for the Toast of the Town event since the store’s opening.
“We are honored and humbled to receive this award from the Epilepsy Foundation,” Scott Rondeau said. “Having a family member who suffers from a seizure disorder, we understand how epilepsy affects not only individuals, but entire families. We are proud to assist the foundation in its work to educate the public and help those affected by epilepsy.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thrive! Wisdom of Life™ Announces 3 New Coaches
- Local student inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday
- Introduce a New Member Into Your Family & Culture This Summer By Hosting a Student From Spain
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk with a Wheaton Doc"