The Hamilton High School National Honor Society (NHS) sponsored a blood drive Nov. 2 that brought in more than 100 donors and enough blood to save the lives of 288 people in local hospitals. The student group’s efforts resulted in twice the amount of blood it had expected to donate to the Blood Center of Wisconsin.
“It was quite a success, thanks to the thoughtful people of this community,” said Hamilton teacher and NHS advisor Misti Swanson.
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Five Tips for “Greening” the Kitchen From Callen Construction
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Residents Participate in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Sikich Moves In to the Top 10 on Milwaukee’s Annual Book of Lists
- 35th Annual Ice Age Trail Endurance Run