On Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, the Junior Class Council of Brookfield Central hosted its annual Mr. Brookfield Central competition. This event is the largest fund raiser for the junior class in its efforts to finance the upcoming prom on April 13, 2013. Fourteen "manly men" participated in the event, and were scored in the following areas: Talent, Fitness, Self Expression and Fund Raising. The junior boys sold baked goods and other oddities in the weeks prior to the event for their own personal fund raising goals. Free prom tickets were awarded to 10 of the 14 boys for reaching at least $250 in fund raising efforts. Ultimately, only one contestant could wear the crown, and after performing an "Extreme Make-over" on a fellow wrestling teammate for his talent, Josh Peltier was named Mr. BC 2012. In addition to earning free prom tickets, Josh was also awarded a free tux certificate from Mens Wearhouse to use for prom.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- Wisconsin Singers Debuts in Brookfield
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- Brookfield Central junior supports girls in Tanzania and earns highest Girl Scout honor
- Register now! Read It & Eat - Popular Library Program
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens