On Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, the Junior Class Council of Brookfield Central hosted its annual Mr. Brookfield Central competition. This event is the largest fund raiser for the junior class in its efforts to finance the upcoming prom on April 13, 2013. Fourteen "manly men" participated in the event, and were scored in the following areas: Talent, Fitness, Self Expression and Fund Raising. The junior boys sold baked goods and other oddities in the weeks prior to the event for their own personal fund raising goals. Free prom tickets were awarded to 10 of the 14 boys for reaching at least $250 in fund raising efforts. Ultimately, only one contestant could wear the crown, and after performing an "Extreme Make-over" on a fellow wrestling teammate for his talent, Josh Peltier was named Mr. BC 2012. In addition to earning free prom tickets, Josh was also awarded a free tux certificate from Mens Wearhouse to use for prom.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- College Works Painting Internship
- American Lung Association’s State of Tobacco Control 2016 Gives Wisconsin Mixed Grades for Efforts to Save Lives by Reducing Tobacco Use
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland