On Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, the Junior Class Council of Brookfield Central hosted its annual Mr. Brookfield Central competition. This event is the largest fund raiser for the junior class in its efforts to finance the upcoming prom on April 13, 2013. Fourteen "manly men" participated in the event, and were scored in the following areas: Talent, Fitness, Self Expression and Fund Raising. The junior boys sold baked goods and other oddities in the weeks prior to the event for their own personal fund raising goals. Free prom tickets were awarded to 10 of the 14 boys for reaching at least $250 in fund raising efforts. Ultimately, only one contestant could wear the crown, and after performing an "Extreme Make-over" on a fellow wrestling teammate for his talent, Josh Peltier was named Mr. BC 2012. In addition to earning free prom tickets, Josh was also awarded a free tux certificate from Mens Wearhouse to use for prom.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Common Causes of Back Pain
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- 7th Annual Wild Ones Native Plant Sale
- Local High Schools Add Digital Financial Literacy Education as WI DPI Approves Program
- Better Public Speaking Open House