Dixon Elementary will present its first production of the holiday classic ballet, "The Nutcracker" on December 15, 2012 at 1:00 and 7:00 p.m. at Dixon Elementary School. The production is presented by Madison Linnihan, the Distinguished Young Woman of Brookfield, and Emma Favill, and 8th grader at WHMS. The two have produced a neighborhood version of the classic in the Churchview Dr. neighborhood for several years, and are bringing their passion to a "real" stage for the first time this year. Dixon elementary students will perform the traditional children's roles, such as bonbons, snowflakes and soldiers, as well as a few leading roles, such as Clara and the Nutcracker. High school volunteers will perfrom the "guest artist" roles. The production is 100% run by kids, for kids. All proceeds will benefit the Fisher House organization, a charitable group that provides temporary lodging for families of wounded veterans when staying near a Veterans hospital. Tickets will be reserved seating and may be purchased by contacting Ellen Linnihan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Drew Lillibridge Earns Prestigious Eagle Scout Award
- Annual Pet Blessing
- HUSCO International named Employer of the Year
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Trinity UCC Hosting Craft Fair: "A Fair for all Seasons"
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities