Dixon Elementary will present its first production of the holiday classic ballet, "The Nutcracker" on December 15, 2012 at 1:00 and 7:00 p.m. at Dixon Elementary School. The production is presented by Madison Linnihan, the Distinguished Young Woman of Brookfield, and Emma Favill, and 8th grader at WHMS. The two have produced a neighborhood version of the classic in the Churchview Dr. neighborhood for several years, and are bringing their passion to a "real" stage for the first time this year. Dixon elementary students will perform the traditional children's roles, such as bonbons, snowflakes and soldiers, as well as a few leading roles, such as Clara and the Nutcracker. High school volunteers will perfrom the "guest artist" roles. The production is 100% run by kids, for kids. All proceeds will benefit the Fisher House organization, a charitable group that provides temporary lodging for families of wounded veterans when staying near a Veterans hospital. Tickets will be reserved seating and may be purchased by contacting Ellen Linnihan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Green Bay Packers Youth Football Camps
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015
- Allison Quartuccio of Denali Realty Group honored with first-ever Volunteer of the year award
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips