Dixon Elementary will present its first production of the holiday classic ballet, "The Nutcracker" on December 15, 2012 at 1:00 and 7:00 p.m. at Dixon Elementary School. The production is presented by Madison Linnihan, the Distinguished Young Woman of Brookfield, and Emma Favill, and 8th grader at WHMS. The two have produced a neighborhood version of the classic in the Churchview Dr. neighborhood for several years, and are bringing their passion to a "real" stage for the first time this year. Dixon elementary students will perform the traditional children's roles, such as bonbons, snowflakes and soldiers, as well as a few leading roles, such as Clara and the Nutcracker. High school volunteers will perfrom the "guest artist" roles. The production is 100% run by kids, for kids. All proceeds will benefit the Fisher House organization, a charitable group that provides temporary lodging for families of wounded veterans when staying near a Veterans hospital. Tickets will be reserved seating and may be purchased by contacting Ellen Linnihan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces 2015 Board of Directors
- Tis the Season Event to Benefit The Pavlic Center at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Our Family Miracle
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- Brookfield Civic Band and Chorus Winter Concert