Dixon Elementary will present its first production of the holiday classic ballet, "The Nutcracker" on December 15, 2012 at 1:00 and 7:00 p.m. at Dixon Elementary School. The production is presented by Madison Linnihan, the Distinguished Young Woman of Brookfield, and Emma Favill, and 8th grader at WHMS. The two have produced a neighborhood version of the classic in the Churchview Dr. neighborhood for several years, and are bringing their passion to a "real" stage for the first time this year. Dixon elementary students will perform the traditional children's roles, such as bonbons, snowflakes and soldiers, as well as a few leading roles, such as Clara and the Nutcracker. High school volunteers will perfrom the "guest artist" roles. The production is 100% run by kids, for kids. All proceeds will benefit the Fisher House organization, a charitable group that provides temporary lodging for families of wounded veterans when staying near a Veterans hospital. Tickets will be reserved seating and may be purchased by contacting Ellen Linnihan at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jim and Tom Palzewicz honored with entry into ActionCOACH Hall of Fame
- FREE Workshop Teaches Eco-friendly Methods
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Operation Forward March to benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- HillYeah! Named a Silver Spokes Team for 2014 Bike MS Fundraising Efforts
- Maple Avenue earns state high progress award
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Callen Debuts Updated Website