Renowned Author John Shelby Spong to Preach & Lecture at Trinity UCC
Brookfield, WI (November 5, 2012) John Shelby Spong, well-known author of “Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism” and other popular titles will preach at Trinity UCC on Sunday, November 18 at 10:00 a.m. Spong is a retired bishop of the Episcopal Church Diocese of Newark, New Jersey and, in addition to being an author, is a liberal Christian theologian and religious commentator known worldwide for his progressive and insightful approach to Christianity.
In addition to preaching at the 10:00 a.m. service, Bishop Spong will also be presenting a lecture entitled “Reclaiming the Bible for a Non-Religious World” at 2:00 p.m. that day at Trinity UCC. Doors open at 1:00 p.m. for registration and check-in, a book and CD sale will take place from 1:00-1:45 p.m. and the lecture will begin at 2:00 p.m. followed by a question and answer period. The lecture fee is $35.00, seating is limited and tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Come and hear Bishop Spong discuss how a more contemporary approach to Scripture can be consistent with both Christian tradition and the contemporary understanding of the universe. For additional information visit trinitybrookfield.com or call 262-781-9378.
About Trinity UCC
Located at 4435 North Calhoun Road, between Capitol Drive and Lisbon Road in Brookfield, Trinity UCC is an open an affirming church welcomes all. The church is wheelchair accessible with an elevator to all levels including listening devices available for use. Trinity invites you to discover a neighborhood church that cares for the world. Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey. Visit www.trinitybrookfield.org for more information or call 262/781-9378.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event