Renowned Author John Shelby Spong to Preach & Lecture at Trinity UCC
Brookfield, WI (November 5, 2012) John Shelby Spong, well-known author of “Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism” and other popular titles will preach at Trinity UCC on Sunday, November 18 at 10:00 a.m. Spong is a retired bishop of the Episcopal Church Diocese of Newark, New Jersey and, in addition to being an author, is a liberal Christian theologian and religious commentator known worldwide for his progressive and insightful approach to Christianity.
In addition to preaching at the 10:00 a.m. service, Bishop Spong will also be presenting a lecture entitled “Reclaiming the Bible for a Non-Religious World” at 2:00 p.m. that day at Trinity UCC. Doors open at 1:00 p.m. for registration and check-in, a book and CD sale will take place from 1:00-1:45 p.m. and the lecture will begin at 2:00 p.m. followed by a question and answer period. The lecture fee is $35.00, seating is limited and tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Come and hear Bishop Spong discuss how a more contemporary approach to Scripture can be consistent with both Christian tradition and the contemporary understanding of the universe. For additional information visit trinitybrookfield.com or call 262-781-9378.
About Trinity UCC
Located at 4435 North Calhoun Road, between Capitol Drive and Lisbon Road in Brookfield, Trinity UCC is an open an affirming church welcomes all. The church is wheelchair accessible with an elevator to all levels including listening devices available for use. Trinity invites you to discover a neighborhood church that cares for the world. Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey. Visit www.trinitybrookfield.org for more information or call 262/781-9378.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Weber Announces Listing & Sales Leaders-April 2013...
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Works Out Against Child Abuse
- Hamilton named Top Workplace
- Humber, Mundie & McClary, LLP, commits to downtown Milwaukee for headquarters location
- Maple Avenue students lead effort to help Oklahoma schools hit by tornadoes
- Templeton band to perform spring concert
- Tablet Talk @ Brookfield Public Library
- LinkedIn Instructor Offers Free Class May 29 at Brookfield Public Library
- Beware of Memorial Day Scams Aimed at Military Personnel
- Wescott chosen as high school associate principal