Premiering for the first time in Skylight Music Theatre’s 54 year history is the beloved musical, The Sound of Music, the true story of the von Trapp Family singers complete with cherished Rogers and Hammerstein melodies. Skylight’s production of the classic musical will feature the largest cast to date with a total of 62 members. Twenty-three of those members are youth actors from the local Milwaukee area including two from Brookfield.
Emma Borkowski (Louisa)– Emma, an eighth grader at Wisconsin Hills MS, makes her Skylight debut after appearing on many local stages including First Stage, Waukesha Civic, Sunset Playhouse, Shorewood Players, UW-Waukesha and Modjeska Youth Theatre. Favorite roles: Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz) and Annie (Annie). Performing My New Philosophy, Emma won first place and a $500.00 cash prize in Oconomowoc’s Got Talent, 2012.
Meg Borkowski (Trio) – Meg is junior at Brookfield Central HS where she plays violin with the Chamber Orchestra, sings with the Chamber Choir and had the privilege of portraying Narrator in Joseph. Meg has danced since the age of four, and currently studies ballet, jazz and modern. Meg is proud to be a Sunset Playhouse 2012-13 Rising Star, featured in The Golden Age of Broadway.
The show will run from November 16 to December 31 in the Cabot Theatre. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Skylight box office at 414-291-7800 or online at www.skylightmusictheatre.org. Filled with childhood favorites like “Do-Re-Mi”, “My Favorite Things” and “Edelweiss”, The Sound of Music is the perfect family show for the holiday season!
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event