Experience "one of the most successful modern dance companies in the world" (The Today Show) when Parsons Dance performs Friday, November 16 at 8:00 pm at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield. This exuberant company of ten dancers will perform an innovative program highlighting the full spectrum of its work, including its newest work Round My World (2012), described by The New York Times as “ingenious…remarkable…and striking.”
Under the direction of Artistic Director, Choreographer, and Founder David Parsons, recognized one of the seminal figures on the contemporary dance scene, the company maintains a repertory of more than 60 works. Many of these works will be highlighted on the program, including Parson’s iconic masterpiece Caught created 30 years ago, which features more than 100 leaps in six minutes by a solo dancer who is repeatedly trapped in mid-motion by strobe lights, creating the illusion of flight. Also featured is Kind of Blue, created as a tribute to the 75th anniversary of the birth of Miles Davis. The work is a flirtatious and alluring quartet which features music from Davis’ album of the same name, which remains the best-selling jazz album of all time.
Tickets start at $31 and are available at www.wilson-center.com, by calling 262-781-9520, or in person at the Wilson Center Box Office. The Wilson Center is located at 19805 W. Capitol Drive in Brookfield’s Mitchell Park, just west of Brookfield Road and Sendik’s Towne Centre.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility