Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds will travel to East Africa this November to equip Huruma Children’s Home with self-sustaining food systems. A team of six volunteers will buy chickens and repair a chicken coop. These laying chickens will provide the eggs needed for protein to feed the 250 children at the orphanage. Beyond the critical protein source, Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds will teach the children and leaders how to compost. This is critical to enhance the soil’s low nitrate levels and allow more vegetable output. Overall, it’s a joint goal of Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds and Huruma Children’s Home to produce long-standing food results and ongoing sustainability.
Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds is ending childhood hunger by building self-sustaining food supply for schools, orphanages, and communities around the world. Through teaching orphanages and schools in these communities how to develop and maintain their own food sources, Feeding Mouths, Filling Minds provides skills that will allow them to become self-sustaining and financially capable of providing for themselves. The organization was founded by Pewaukee residents, Maria Nicholas-Groves and Grant Groves. To learn more, visit http://www.feedingmouthsfillingminds.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues sponsorship of “Social Media Tools for Business” workshop for regional businesses
- LearningRx Hosts May 30 Open House
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues to add new members
- Daylily Society of SE WI/daylily sale
- Christ the King To Host Rummage Sale June 27
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Receives Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- 1212 Bodyworks Grand Opening