Hawthorne Hill Farm in New Berlin, Wis. will host Decorate! Holiday Market from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 9, 10 and 11. Decorate! features ornaments, Christmas and holiday decor, one-of-a-kind gifts, handmade accessories, jewelry, antiques, upcycled and vintage finds. More than 50 local artisans and vendors will set up shop inside and outside the historic barn and farmhouse. A local farm stand, food and refreshments add to the weekend’s festive events. Admission is free.
New to Hawthorne Hill Farm this season is The Workroom Inc., a bricks-and-mortar woodshop and showroom located permanently on the grounds. Local artist Joe Loduha creates unique, upcycled creations, built-to-order furniture and industrial antiques rescued from Midwest homes and barns. The Workroom Inc. will showcase designs during the Decorate! weekend.
Unlike traditional shops, the farm is not open all of the time. Instead, a weekend shopping experience is built around a theme. Hawthorne Hill Farm is a once-abandoned 1874 farmstead on Small Road in New Berlin, Wis. that first opened in 2010. Owner Bonnie Lynn Loduha of Wauwatosa, known within the art community as Bonnie Lynn, renovated the nearly two-acre property, which includes the original barn, silos and house. Hawthorne Hill Farm is her art studio and a community art space that features shopping weekends, creative workshops and retreats.
Hawthorne Hill Farm is located at 16370 W. Small Road, south of I-43 and just west of The Ridge Cinema in New Berlin.Visit the Web site at www.hawthornehillfarm.com for more information. Follow us on Facebook at Hawthorne Hill Farm. Phone: (414) 688-5854
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Waukesha County Youth Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Art and Nature Come Together at the First Annual Artists in The Garden Weekend at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, September 12th and 13th, 2015
- Backpack Coalition Distributes 2,100 Backpacks
- Oak Hill Terrace Hosts Program "Paying for Assisted Living"