Hawthorne Hill Farm in New Berlin, Wis. will host Decorate! Holiday Market from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 9, 10 and 11. Decorate! features ornaments, Christmas and holiday decor, one-of-a-kind gifts, handmade accessories, jewelry, antiques, upcycled and vintage finds. More than 50 local artisans and vendors will set up shop inside and outside the historic barn and farmhouse. A local farm stand, food and refreshments add to the weekend’s festive events. Admission is free.
New to Hawthorne Hill Farm this season is The Workroom Inc., a bricks-and-mortar woodshop and showroom located permanently on the grounds. Local artist Joe Loduha creates unique, upcycled creations, built-to-order furniture and industrial antiques rescued from Midwest homes and barns. The Workroom Inc. will showcase designs during the Decorate! weekend.
Unlike traditional shops, the farm is not open all of the time. Instead, a weekend shopping experience is built around a theme. Hawthorne Hill Farm is a once-abandoned 1874 farmstead on Small Road in New Berlin, Wis. that first opened in 2010. Owner Bonnie Lynn Loduha of Wauwatosa, known within the art community as Bonnie Lynn, renovated the nearly two-acre property, which includes the original barn, silos and house. Hawthorne Hill Farm is her art studio and a community art space that features shopping weekends, creative workshops and retreats.
Hawthorne Hill Farm is located at 16370 W. Small Road, south of I-43 and just west of The Ridge Cinema in New Berlin.Visit the Web site at www.hawthornehillfarm.com for more information. Follow us on Facebook at Hawthorne Hill Farm. Phone: (414) 688-5854
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Calling All NaNoWriMo Participants!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Chantae Miller will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Hope Stiverson
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Catholic Memorial to hold Open Auditions for the Musical Pajama Game!
- YOUNG BROOKFIELD RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Gnome Little Free Library