Young Brookfield resident and sophomore at Brookfield Central High School, Jenn Jarecki takes on the role of Cynthia Benson in First Stage’s production of BIG, THE MUSICAL at the Todd Wehr Theater, 929 N. Water Street, Milwaukee through November 11, 2012.
When she’s not acting, 15-year-old Jenn enjoys playing volleyball at Brookfield Central and also club volleyball. She also enjoys reading and makes time for focusing on schoolwork. We recently caught up with Jenn and here’s what she had to say.
How did you get involved with First Stage? In grade school I remember coming to see First Stage shows. I saw the kids up on that stage and I said to myself, “I want to do that!” I enrolled in First Stage Theater Academy three years ago and have been in THE MAGIC BICYCLE as Mille and I was an Ant in DIARY OF A WORM, A SPIDER AND A FLY. I am cast as Cynthia Benson in BIG, THE MUSICAL, my third First Stage show.
What has been your favorite role to date? I would have to say Cynthia Benson is my favorite role because I love playing a character that is sort of full of herself. It’s a lot of fun and this musical, in general is extremely well-written and scored. And the choreography is exceptional.
What do you like most about this play? I love the high energy and fun dance numbers. I also love the message it sends to kids and adults alike – that we should always keep our inner child alive.
What have you learned by being a part of this particular production? I’ve learned so much from our amazing director, choreographer and music director. They have really helped me develop as an actress, singer and dancer.
In the play, Josh wishes to be “big” then lands a dream job at a toy company. What’s your dream job and why? My dream job is to be an actress on Broadway because I just couldn’t imagine not doing this for the rest of my life. I love it more than anything.
Any thing else you’d like our audiences to know about you? I’ve been performing since I was three when I began dance, and being on stage is the best feeling in the world!
See Jenn perform in First Stage’s BIG, THE MUSICAL now through November 11.
More about BIG, THE MUSICAL
When frustrated 12-year-old Josh Baskin makes a wish to become “big” and wakes up the next morning to find his wish has literally come true, he discovers there’s much more to being an adult than he’s bargained for – and learned we must all grow up at our own pace, in our own time. Come see this new version of the Tony® award-nominated musical comedy, created just for our family audiences. For everyone ages 7 and up.
Visit www.firststage.org for tickets and information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Comedy for a Cause Benefits Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm