Climatologist Sue Loomans will give a presentation on climate change on Thursday November 8th 7pm at Retzer Nature Center, S14W28167 Madison St. Waukesha WI.
Sue is a former Air Force meteorologist who is committed to finding solutions to the climate crisis. She delivers presentations on global warming to a variety of audiences, highlighting the global challenges of this alarming phenomena, and strategies we can implement to meet them: melting ice, droughts across the Midwest, record-breaking floods, tornadoes in January.
This audience-interactive presentation will begin with a discussion of the latest science behind global warming, and how our earth systems are responding to atmospheric changes. We'll investigate important related issues such as: weather disasters, changing habitats and growing conditions, and national security.
Then we'll turn to solutions.. We'll look for everyday personal decisions that can make a difference and ways that each one of us can lead by example through our communities, business and governments.
The event is free. Snacks and beverages will be served beginning at 6:30.
The presentation is hosted by The Waukesha County Environmental Action League. (WEAL)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kiwanis Club of Wauwatosa Public Welcome
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Express Employment Professionals Awarded “Best of Staffing”
- First annual Village Extreme to be held June 22, 2013 in Brookfield Village
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Free music event at Luther Manor
- Butler's Picnic in the Park to Feature Vintage Baseball, Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Student’s award brings resources to high school
- Hamilton cheerleaders sponsor clinic