Concordia University-Chicago Wind Symphony to Present Concert at Brookfield's Immanuel Lutheran Church, October 27
The Wind Symphony of Concordia University-Chicago will present a free concert at Immanuel Lutheran Church, 13445 W. Hampton Road in Brookfield, on Saturday, October 27, starting at 7:00 pm. Admission is free. This performance is their Wind Symphony's second concert on its fall tour – they will also play at Bloomington, Indiana; Marengo, Illinois; and back at River Forest, Illinois on Concordia's campus.
The Wind Symphony is the premiere instrumental ensemble at Concordia University. The Wind Symphony maintains an active performance schedule, having performed in schools, churches, and concert halls in 43 states, Canada, Eastern Europe, and China. The group has a commitment to the finest traditional and contemporary sacred and secular repertoire. The Wind Symphony has recorded eleven compact discs of sacred music.
Dr. Richard Fischer, Distinguished Professor of Music, has served as director of bands at Concordia University-Chicago since 1974. He received the bachelor of music education and master of music degrees from De Paul University and the doctor of musical arts degree from Michigan State University. He has also studied at Cornell College and the University of Northern Colorado. Fischer conducts the Wind Symphony and University Band. He teaches basic and advanced level conducting courses as well as various music education courses. Read more at www.cuchicago.edu/experience/arts/music/instrumental-ensembles/wind-symphony/.
Concordia University-Chicago is affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod faith. The University is one of ten colleges and universities that are part of a nation-wide system of Lutheran colleges. Founded in 1864 as Addison Lutheran Teachers Seminary, Concordia University Chicago today is a comprehensive liberal arts university. More than 5,200 full-time students are enrolled in undergraduate, graduate and doctoral study through the colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, and Graduate and Innovative Programs. Read more about Concordia University-Chicago at www.cuchicago.edu/.
Immanuel Lutheran Church is a member of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS), and will celebrate its 100th anniversary the day after the concert, October 28. Immanuel Lutheran School offers Christian education, beginning with three-year-old pre-kindergarten classes and continuing through the eighth grade. Immanuel Lutheran Child Care is open Monday-Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. year-round to children from the ages of 6 weeks to 12 years. More information about the church, school and child care may be found at www.immanuelbrookfield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Comedy for a Cause Benefits Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm