OCONOMOWOC, Wis. – In October, ORBIS Corporation, North America’s leading manufacturer of sustainable reusable packaging and an expert in supply chain optimization, held an annual food drive at its Oconomowoc headquarters.
“Race Against Hunger” kicked off Oct. 1 – employee teams compete with each other to collect the most food items to encourage participation across the organization and drive food donation numbers for the Oconomowoc, Waukesha, Jefferson and Watertown food pantries.
As part of “Race Against Hunger,” on Oct. 9, members of ORBIS’ Executive Leadership team raced each other, dressed as the Klement’s Racing Sausages. The event also included a fundraising lunch for local businesses.
Throughout the month of October, employees will hold additional fundraisers, including raffles and a silent auction for custom gift baskets, which includes many donated items from local businesses.
With more than 110 employees at its headquarters, ORBIS has held this food drive for three years, helping families throughout Waukesha, Jefferson and Dodge counties. In addition, as part of its Community Giving program, ORBIS makes financial donations to many local charities, including AngelsGrace Hospice, Retzer Nature Center and the Waukesha Literacy Council throughout the year. ORBIS has nearly 1,800 employees in North America, Europe and China.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help