OCONOMOWOC, Wis. – In October, ORBIS Corporation, North America’s leading manufacturer of sustainable reusable packaging and an expert in supply chain optimization, held an annual food drive at its Oconomowoc headquarters.
“Race Against Hunger” kicked off Oct. 1 – employee teams compete with each other to collect the most food items to encourage participation across the organization and drive food donation numbers for the Oconomowoc, Waukesha, Jefferson and Watertown food pantries.
As part of “Race Against Hunger,” on Oct. 9, members of ORBIS’ Executive Leadership team raced each other, dressed as the Klement’s Racing Sausages. The event also included a fundraising lunch for local businesses.
Throughout the month of October, employees will hold additional fundraisers, including raffles and a silent auction for custom gift baskets, which includes many donated items from local businesses.
With more than 110 employees at its headquarters, ORBIS has held this food drive for three years, helping families throughout Waukesha, Jefferson and Dodge counties. In addition, as part of its Community Giving program, ORBIS makes financial donations to many local charities, including AngelsGrace Hospice, Retzer Nature Center and the Waukesha Literacy Council throughout the year. ORBIS has nearly 1,800 employees in North America, Europe and China.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Types of Allergies
- SDNB Awarded $100K for Innovative School-to-Work Programs
- Youth Cheerleading Registration Now Open!
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Meal!
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness