OCONOMOWOC, Wis. – In October, ORBIS Corporation, North America’s leading manufacturer of sustainable reusable packaging and an expert in supply chain optimization, held an annual food drive at its Oconomowoc headquarters.
“Race Against Hunger” kicked off Oct. 1 – employee teams compete with each other to collect the most food items to encourage participation across the organization and drive food donation numbers for the Oconomowoc, Waukesha, Jefferson and Watertown food pantries.
As part of “Race Against Hunger,” on Oct. 9, members of ORBIS’ Executive Leadership team raced each other, dressed as the Klement’s Racing Sausages. The event also included a fundraising lunch for local businesses.
Throughout the month of October, employees will hold additional fundraisers, including raffles and a silent auction for custom gift baskets, which includes many donated items from local businesses.
With more than 110 employees at its headquarters, ORBIS has held this food drive for three years, helping families throughout Waukesha, Jefferson and Dodge counties. In addition, as part of its Community Giving program, ORBIS makes financial donations to many local charities, including AngelsGrace Hospice, Retzer Nature Center and the Waukesha Literacy Council throughout the year. ORBIS has nearly 1,800 employees in North America, Europe and China.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Community Says Goodbye to A Much-Loved Member - Family man and Harley-Davidson executive loses consciousness while in flight
- How to Give An Eleavator Sppech
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Ince By Ince
- Joan Carey To Speak At WINGS Event
- Milwaukee Student Named Rising Star
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame