Completing the Circuit: Electrifying the Job Market
Summit to highlight collaborative opportunities in workforce development, entrepreneurship and business growth
Milwaukee – On Thursday, November 8, 2012 the Urban Economic Development Association of Wisconsin (UEDA), in partnership with the City of Milwaukee, will host its 11th annual Community Development Summit “Completing the Circuit: Electrifying the Job Market.” The event will be held at ManpowerGroup, located at 100 Manpower Place in Milwaukee from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The summit will feature a unique format and encourage attendees to engage in discussion that will produce action-directed outcomes that will further the community dialogue around the challenges facing our region’s workforce. Attendees will be asked to assist in developing actionable next steps that will increase collaboration and produce concrete solutions.
“Participants will hear from established employers, educational institutions, workforce development agencies, local chambers, nonprofit organizations, entrepreneurs and others,” said Bill Johnson, executive director of UEDA. “But more than simply talking and listening, it is our hope that increased awareness of existing resources and creative strategies will result in a workforce development system that can more effectively meet the needs of workers, employers, and entrepreneurs.”
The event will feature Carol Coletta, director of ArtPlace and former President and CEO of CEOs for Cities, who will discuss successful collaborations happening in regions across the nation. Additionally, Mayor Tom Barrett will provide opening remarks. The summit will be moderated by WUWM Milwaukee Public Radio’s Mitch Teich.
Registration for the event, including meals, is $35.00 for non-UEDA members and $25.00 for current UEDA members. For more information or to register for the event, visit www.UEDAWI.org or contact UEDA at 414-562-9904.
The Urban Economic Development Association (UEDA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting housing and economic development initiatives that revitalize Wisconsin communities and to building capacity in the housing and economic development field through professional training, innovative solutions, policy advocacy and collaboration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Named One of the Top Footwear Stores In America
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- Newcastle Place to sponsor Kids & Seniors Day at Lakeshore Chinooks game
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Three Professionals Bring New Expertise, Experience to ActionCOACH Business Coaching
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Aimee Berg's Brain Tumors
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- Quincy University's Rachael Binash garners All Academic Honors in Volleyball