Wisconsin Artisans Travel with their Art to Chelsea London early October.
October is here and the leaves are changing. With it comes a trip to London for an exhibition that will bring the Director the Grafton Arts Mill Paula DeStefanis Christensen and two Grafton Art’s Mill Artisans; Sue Cibulka and artist and arts advocate Valorie Schleicher to Chelsea London for an international Art Show. The International show will showcase artists from 33 countires around the world.
The shows premise is Art for the like of Art, an avant-garde way of viewing, buying and enjoying Art. The Parallax Art Fair is the world’s largest curated international art fair taking place along the King’s Road at the Chelsea Old Town Hall.
Parallax, which is conceived and curated by art historian Dr Chris Barlow, explores new theories in contemporary art and curation, with associated lectures and talks. It is also Freeze week in London the largest showing of Arts works from across the world in one place.
Dr Chris Barlow commented: "Parallax has grown since 2010 into a serious platform for new, emerging and established artists from all over the world to present their work to dealers, collectors, critics and buyers. To see the catalogue of Artisans go to barlowfinedrawings.com/octoberartistcatalogue.html
"We are very excited to welcome new, fresh artistic discoveries and showcase the very best of contemporary art.”
Paula DeStefanis Christensen and Sue Cibulka suecibulka.wordpress.com, both of Cedarburg will showcase their oil paintings and Valorie Schleicher, vlsculptures.com, of Wauwatosa will be showcasing her strong Woman Sculptures. You can view the artisans works at their respective sites: paulaspalette.me, suecibulka.wordpress.com, vlsculptures.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Comedy for a Cause Benefits Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm