Madison Linnihan, a junior at Brookfield Central High School, was named the Distinguished Young Woman of Brookfield for 2014 (year of graduation) on Saturday 9/29/12 at the Wisconsin Distinguished Young Women At-large Scholarship program, held at Franklin High School. While the local Brookfield program has been held annually for the past eight years, national guidelines prevented Madison's mother, Ellen Linnihan, a teacher at Brookfield Central, from volunteering during a year in which a family member is a participant. The scholarship program evaluates participants on five levels: scholastics, interview, performing arts talent, fitness and self expression. At-large participants are judged on the same criteria as local program contestants, and must reach a qualification benchmark to advance to the state level. Linnihan performed a ballent en pointe variation to "La Esmeralda." The state program will be held on August 3, 2013, at the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Types of Allergies
- SDNB Awarded $100K for Innovative School-to-Work Programs
- Youth Cheerleading Registration Now Open!
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Meal!
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness