Madison Linnihan, a junior at Brookfield Central High School, was named the Distinguished Young Woman of Brookfield for 2014 (year of graduation) on Saturday 9/29/12 at the Wisconsin Distinguished Young Women At-large Scholarship program, held at Franklin High School. While the local Brookfield program has been held annually for the past eight years, national guidelines prevented Madison's mother, Ellen Linnihan, a teacher at Brookfield Central, from volunteering during a year in which a family member is a participant. The scholarship program evaluates participants on five levels: scholastics, interview, performing arts talent, fitness and self expression. At-large participants are judged on the same criteria as local program contestants, and must reach a qualification benchmark to advance to the state level. Linnihan performed a ballent en pointe variation to "La Esmeralda." The state program will be held on August 3, 2013, at the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- City of Brookfield's Fall Registration, September 6, 2014
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help
- Dominican Football
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BEACHCOMBER SALON PLANS SEPTEMBER 11TH FUNDRAISER
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters