Madison Linnihan, a junior at Brookfield Central High School, was named the Distinguished Young Woman of Brookfield for 2014 (year of graduation) on Saturday 9/29/12 at the Wisconsin Distinguished Young Women At-large Scholarship program, held at Franklin High School. While the local Brookfield program has been held annually for the past eight years, national guidelines prevented Madison's mother, Ellen Linnihan, a teacher at Brookfield Central, from volunteering during a year in which a family member is a participant. The scholarship program evaluates participants on five levels: scholastics, interview, performing arts talent, fitness and self expression. At-large participants are judged on the same criteria as local program contestants, and must reach a qualification benchmark to advance to the state level. Linnihan performed a ballent en pointe variation to "La Esmeralda." The state program will be held on August 3, 2013, at the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Judi Murphy of Murphy Associates honored with Chamber Champion Award
- Knapp Chiropractic Adopts A Local Family
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives More than $600 to Two Schools in Second Round of Donations
- Brookfield's Knights of Columbus Are Santa's Helpers for Milwaukee's Poor
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Brookfield resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County