Madison Linnihan, a junior at Brookfield Central High School, was named the Distinguished Young Woman of Brookfield for 2014 (year of graduation) on Saturday 9/29/12 at the Wisconsin Distinguished Young Women At-large Scholarship program, held at Franklin High School. While the local Brookfield program has been held annually for the past eight years, national guidelines prevented Madison's mother, Ellen Linnihan, a teacher at Brookfield Central, from volunteering during a year in which a family member is a participant. The scholarship program evaluates participants on five levels: scholastics, interview, performing arts talent, fitness and self expression. At-large participants are judged on the same criteria as local program contestants, and must reach a qualification benchmark to advance to the state level. Linnihan performed a ballent en pointe variation to "La Esmeralda." The state program will be held on August 3, 2013, at the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive