This past July the West Allis Diamond Twirlers Senior Kickline team won the NBTA State Championship title for thier division. Team members are Rebecca Aston, Aubrey Warner(asst. captain), Andrea Poichea, Carley Wells and Shelby Wells. The senior team self choregraphed their kickline routine to a mix of 80's music.
During the same day, duet dance team of Carley and Shelby Wells defended their State Championship title as Seniors being undefeated at the Junior level for the last 3 years. This team was also a repeat title defender at the North Regionals competition eariler this summer in Oshkosh.
The Begineer level 1/2 time routine including the girls mentioned from the senior team above along with Lynette Brenner (Captain), Marisa Janowski, Casmiria Slater, Samantha Krahn, Brianna Krahn, Kate Mitter, and Moon Aliota received a protective first in their division for their dance routine to 80's Boys Band Mix. The intro level Tiny Tot team of Lily and Samantha Engel, Jordyn Babaloa, RJ and Taryn Tom also placed in their competition.
Members of the group also competed in a variety of individual events during that same competition. Taryn Tom and Samantha Krahn defended their State Pom Solo titles in their respective divisions while also capturing the Team Princess titles for their catagories. Taryn Tom and Jordyn Babaloa won the State Dance Duet title in the Tiny Tot division as well.
The West Allis Diamond Twirlers compete in team, small group and individual events along with offering recreation level classes in baton and 1/2 show events. The group is a club sport under the auspices of the West Allis West Milwaukee Recreation Department. Members are from local communities in Miwaukee and Waukesha area.
An informational meeting for the 2013 season will be held Monday night October 3rd at 7PM at General Mitchell Elementary School in West Allis. Information on baton classes, competition teams, individual lessons will be available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Great Writers at St. Mary Parish School!
- Suburpia in Wauwatosa,WI is OPEN!
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, December 14, 2013
- Klotz One of Four Finalists for the Gagliardi Trophy
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Celebrate the Holiday Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- Hamilton announces November students of the month
- Freshman Seminar collects, wraps gifts for adopted family
- Enjoy Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert This Sunday
- New Zounds Hearing Center Offers Greater Performance, Ease of Use for Hearing Aid Wearers