Brookfield residents Jeanne Gilbertson, Mary Kanavas and Don Jones have joined United of Greater Milwaukee as loaned executives in support of the organization's 2012 Community Campaign.
United Way’s Loaned Executives, sponsored by Greater Milwaukee-area businesses, support more than 1,400 corporations that run workplace giving campaigns or give corporate gifts. The Loaned Executives educate donors and the community about United Way’s critical role in Greater Milwaukee. The temporary help, supported by corporate and non-profit partners, helps minimize fundraising costs, ensuring that dollars go directly to fund support of 160-plus programs at over 80 local agencies.
Jones is sponsored by Rockwell Automation Gilbertson and Kanavas are sponsored by United Way of Greater Milwaukee.
“As the largest health and human services funder in our community, no other organization has as significant an impact on local families. Loaned Executives help us continue to run efficiently, and keep our administrative costs low” said Mary Lou Young, President and CEO of United Way of Greater Milwaukee. “We are fortunate to have such an engaged group of individuals to support our campaign this year and to help us tackle our community’s most serious problems.”
United Way of Greater Milwaukee announced its 2012 fundraising goal of 51.5 million during its Community Campaign kickoff at The Pfister Hotel on August 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hamilton named Top Workplace
- Humber, Mundie & McClary, LLP, commits to downtown Milwaukee for headquarters location
- Maple Avenue students lead effort to help Oklahoma schools hit by tornadoes
- Templeton band to perform spring concert
- Tablet Talk @ Brookfield Public Library
- LinkedIn Instructor Offers Free Class May 29 at Brookfield Public Library
- Beware of Memorial Day Scams Aimed at Military Personnel
- Wescott chosen as high school associate principal
- Better Business Bureau Urges Donor Caution After Tornadoes
- Like R.A. Smith National on Facebook to Help Fight Childhood Cancer