Waukesha, WI – The 2012 Butterfly Badger Open will bring a competitive spirit to Waukesha at Center Court Sports Complex, September 15-16, 2012. Skilled table tennis players from all over the US and Canada will compete on 36 tables in men’s, women’s and juniors divisions competing for over $11,000 in prize money. This is a USATT sanctioned 4-star event.
Metro-Milwaukee has been hit with table tennis fever much to the credit of Shorewood Table Tennis Club and Tournament Director Linda Leaf. Ms. Leaf started the annual Badger Open in Waukesha beginning in 2008. In 2010, Waukesha’s Center Court Sports Complex along with the Milwaukee Marriott West hosted the National Collegiate Table Tennis Championships, which brought students from 30 different universities across the United States to Waukesha and Pewaukee. The US Open and US Para Open for Table Tennis were hosted at Milwaukee’s Frontier Airlines Center in summer 2011 welcoming 700 athletes from 25 different countries. Surely this is a trend that isn’t slowing anytime soon.
Make a day of it! Spectators are welcome just $5 day pass or only $7 for the whole family. Watch for Wang (Eugene) Zhen competing in singles, who will be back to defend his 1st place trophies from the 2010 & 2011 Badger Opens. Additional information is located on their website: www.badgeropen.com.
Ready to dust off your “blade” (most know it as a paddle)? Recreational play will begin at 4pm on Saturday for any unrated player; walk in and register by 3:30pm Saturday to play.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau is dedicated to the promotion of Waukesha & Pewaukee, WI, as a business and leisure destination. The allure of the area has been publicized by being chosen to host ABC’s Good Morning America, named “Best Affordable Suburb” in the US – Business Week and named America’s 8th “Best Place to Raise a Family” – Forbes Magazine. Additional community information can be found at www.visitwaukesha.org.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kevin Rey Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Waukesha WRAP Artist Exhibit Winners heading to State contest
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde
- SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN FESTIVAL OF BOOKS ANNOUNCES CO-CHAIRS and DATE OF EVENT
- Andrew Utic Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer