Waukesha, WI – The 2012 Butterfly Badger Open will bring a competitive spirit to Waukesha at Center Court Sports Complex, September 15-16, 2012. Skilled table tennis players from all over the US and Canada will compete on 36 tables in men’s, women’s and juniors divisions competing for over $11,000 in prize money. This is a USATT sanctioned 4-star event.
Metro-Milwaukee has been hit with table tennis fever much to the credit of Shorewood Table Tennis Club and Tournament Director Linda Leaf. Ms. Leaf started the annual Badger Open in Waukesha beginning in 2008. In 2010, Waukesha’s Center Court Sports Complex along with the Milwaukee Marriott West hosted the National Collegiate Table Tennis Championships, which brought students from 30 different universities across the United States to Waukesha and Pewaukee. The US Open and US Para Open for Table Tennis were hosted at Milwaukee’s Frontier Airlines Center in summer 2011 welcoming 700 athletes from 25 different countries. Surely this is a trend that isn’t slowing anytime soon.
Make a day of it! Spectators are welcome just $5 day pass or only $7 for the whole family. Watch for Wang (Eugene) Zhen competing in singles, who will be back to defend his 1st place trophies from the 2010 & 2011 Badger Opens. Additional information is located on their website: www.badgeropen.com.
Ready to dust off your “blade” (most know it as a paddle)? Recreational play will begin at 4pm on Saturday for any unrated player; walk in and register by 3:30pm Saturday to play.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau is dedicated to the promotion of Waukesha & Pewaukee, WI, as a business and leisure destination. The allure of the area has been publicized by being chosen to host ABC’s Good Morning America, named “Best Affordable Suburb” in the US – Business Week and named America’s 8th “Best Place to Raise a Family” – Forbes Magazine. Additional community information can be found at www.visitwaukesha.org.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help