Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a concert by Amber Waves Band on Friday, September 14, at 7:00 p.m. The event is part of Christ the King’s Festive Music Series. A freewill offering will be taken and a reception will follow in the congregation's Great Hall.
Amber Waves Band provides an exciting, fast-paced, unique bluegrass sound, influenced by historical folk music, old time gospel and hymns, as well as its own original music.
Founded in 2008, it features the Costello Family: Alex, Katie, Sean, Mary, Michael and Cheryl. The group brings an exciting mix of music to venues around the country. Its performances combine old and new, traditional, and original songs. The group is best know for stunning vocals as well as the instrumental talents of the children.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Its regular service schedule resumes on September 9, with services held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Express Employment Professionals Awarded “Best of Staffing”
- First annual Village Extreme to be held June 22, 2013 in Brookfield Village
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Free music event at Luther Manor
- Butler's Picnic in the Park to Feature Vintage Baseball, Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Student’s award brings resources to high school
- Hamilton cheerleaders sponsor clinic
- Taylor J. Poehls, DC, CKTP, joins Foundation for Wellness Professionals to educate community in health and wellness