United Way in Waukesha County
1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha
For Immediate Release**PRESS RELEASE ** PRESS RELEASE ** For Immediate Release
TO BE RELEASED: August 22, 2012
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Lori Hayes-Division Manager of Volunteer Engagement
This information is prepared by United Way in Waukesha County, 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha (262) 547-8459
Receptionist/Greeter Needed at United Way in Waukesha County
We are looking for a people person who is willing to cover our front desk and phones on Friday mornings from 8:00am-12:30pm! We may also need to call you occasionally on an as-needed basis if we need coverage other days of the week. You would be responsible for greeting all callers in person or via phone in a friendly manner. The multiline phone is easy to operate and transfer calls efficiently to the appropriate team member. You may assist with special projects from time to time!
Requirements: must be 18 years of age or older with reliable transportation; experience with office reception appreciated.
Fitness Challenge with Waukesha Parks, Rec, and Forestry
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who likes to walk in the parks. During the 5 weeks of our upcoming fitness challenge, we are looking for an individual to monitor the Fitness Challenge informational posters in the 5 featured parks. Volunteers would be required to post one informational poster in a designated park each week, and check on the poster one time during that week. Volunteer would pick up the posters following the event. Volunteers need to be at least 18 years old, have valid driver’s licenses and pass a background check.
Mobile Meal Drivers Needed to help the ADRC throughout Waukesha County
Home delivered meal drivers are needed to deliver meals once a week or twice a month to seniors living in Waukesha County. Receiving this meal allows home bound older adults to live longer in their own home. It also helps seniors receive proper nutrition and maintain their independence. Help is needed from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm week-days in the following locations: Brookfield, Butler, Hartland, Menomonee Falls, Mukwonago, Muskego, New Berlin, Oconomowoc, Sussex and Waukesha. Individuals, couples, friends, neighbors, etc. can do this together. Training and mileage reimbursement is provided. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
Art Activity Assistant with Donna Lexa Community Art Center in Waukesha
Reliable and friendly individuals are needed to assist art teachers in classes for adults with physical and developmental disabilities. Duties include helping with art projects like painting, clay work, drawing, stitching, and beading...the creativity never ends here! Other tasks include helping the teacher prepare materials before class, and clean up after. Classes are 2 hours long and meet Monday through Thursday mornings, afternoons, and evenings. Volunteers must be at least 18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry