Members of the team Hill Yeah! rode in this year’s Bike MS: TOYOTA Best Dam Bike Ride on August 4-5. Raising more than $20,000 in pledges, Hill Yeah! was designated one of the event’s Top Tier Teams, joining 13 other teams who reached that level of giving. The money raised helps fund multiple sclerosis research and related services.
“The rigors of fundraising and the ride itself are mitigated by the camaraderie and goodwill shared by all of my teammates and every participant in the MS Best Dam Bke Ride. Our team name Hill Yeah! speaks volumes. Can we raise funds, can we challenge our legs, can we make a difference. To this we say, ‘Hill Yeah!’,” said team captain and Elm Grove resident Jack Hill.
The 29th annual Bike MS: TOYOTA Best Dam Bike Ride brought together nearly 1,700 registered riders and volunteers for the two-day event, which traveled from WCTC in Pewaukee, overnighted at UW-Whitewater, and then finished on Sunday at WPS in Madison. Riders chose from 50-, 75- or 100-mile route options each day, as well as a new 25-mile one-day loop that was open on Saturday. Each rider was asked to raise a minimum of $300. More than $1.2 million has already been pledged, and donations will be accepted until September 14 to achieve the event’s $1.5 million goal.
Registration for next year’s 30th anniversary Bike MS: Best Dam Bike Ride is already open at www.bikeMSwisconsin.org or by calling (262) 369-4400 or (800) 242-3358.
About Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis (MS) interrupts the flow of information from the brain to the body and stops people from moving. It is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system. Symptoms range from numbness and tingling to blindness and paralysis. Most people are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 50, with MS two to three times more common in women than men. While the progress, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, advances in research and treatment are giving hope to those affected by the disease.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Green Bay Packers Youth Football Camps
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015
- Allison Quartuccio of Denali Realty Group honored with first-ever Volunteer of the year award
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips