Members of the team Hill Yeah! rode in this year’s Bike MS: TOYOTA Best Dam Bike Ride on August 4-5. Raising more than $20,000 in pledges, Hill Yeah! was designated one of the event’s Top Tier Teams, joining 13 other teams who reached that level of giving. The money raised helps fund multiple sclerosis research and related services.
“The rigors of fundraising and the ride itself are mitigated by the camaraderie and goodwill shared by all of my teammates and every participant in the MS Best Dam Bke Ride. Our team name Hill Yeah! speaks volumes. Can we raise funds, can we challenge our legs, can we make a difference. To this we say, ‘Hill Yeah!’,” said team captain and Elm Grove resident Jack Hill.
The 29th annual Bike MS: TOYOTA Best Dam Bike Ride brought together nearly 1,700 registered riders and volunteers for the two-day event, which traveled from WCTC in Pewaukee, overnighted at UW-Whitewater, and then finished on Sunday at WPS in Madison. Riders chose from 50-, 75- or 100-mile route options each day, as well as a new 25-mile one-day loop that was open on Saturday. Each rider was asked to raise a minimum of $300. More than $1.2 million has already been pledged, and donations will be accepted until September 14 to achieve the event’s $1.5 million goal.
Registration for next year’s 30th anniversary Bike MS: Best Dam Bike Ride is already open at www.bikeMSwisconsin.org or by calling (262) 369-4400 or (800) 242-3358.
About Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis (MS) interrupts the flow of information from the brain to the body and stops people from moving. It is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system. Symptoms range from numbness and tingling to blindness and paralysis. Most people are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 50, with MS two to three times more common in women than men. While the progress, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, advances in research and treatment are giving hope to those affected by the disease.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- Wisconsin Singers Debuts in Brookfield
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- Brookfield Central junior supports girls in Tanzania and earns highest Girl Scout honor
- Register now! Read It & Eat - Popular Library Program
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens