Completing a succession plan announced more than a year ago, Brookfield resident Catherine A. Jacobson assumed the role of president and chief executive officer of Froedtert Health on July 1.
Jacobson, who was named president of the health care system in 2011, joined Froedtert Health in 2010 as executive vice president of finance and strategy. She succeeds William D. Petasnick, who in April 2012 announced his plans to step down July 1 as chief executive officer of Froedtert Health after leading the organization for 19 years.
As president and chief executive officer of Froedtert Health, Jacobson has responsibility for overseeing the overall management, strategy and financial planning for the health system.
“Froedtert Health is in excellent hands,” said David Lubar, chairman of the Froedtert Health board of directors. “Cathy Jacobson has quickly developed a solid understanding of our organization and has impressed us with her leadership skills as well as her grasp of fiscal, strategic and operational issues.”
Froedtert Health is a regional health care organization made up of Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee; Community Memorial Hospital, Menomonee Falls; St. Joseph’s Hospital, West Bend; and Froedtert Health Clinics, Waukesha and Washington counties. Joining the capabilities of an academic medical center affiliated with The Medical College of Wisconsin, two community hospitals and 32 community-based primary and specialty clinics, Froedtert Health delivers highly coordinated, cost-effective health care to residents of southeastern Wisconsin and beyond. In fiscal 2011, combined adult patient admissions for the three hospitals exceeded 41,500. For more information, visit froedterthealth.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry