The Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) Middle Level State Honors Music Project invited two Templeton Middle School students to participate in the band and orchestra:
•Kathleen Meagher – clarinet; and
•Chloe Simchick – french horn.
This is the first time Templeton students have earned this honor, and it reflects the students’ dedication and strong desire to excel at playing their instrument. Students went through a rigorous audition process held in April and were notified of their acceptance early June.
In addition to the two students who were invited, four Templeton students were selected as "prioritized alternates" and are the first to be called should an invited student decline. They are:
•Jacob Merkel – baritone saxophone;
•John Myatt IV – alto saxophone;
•Jonah Brown – trumpet; and
•Erin Magoon – baritone.
The Wisconsin State Honors Music Project offers talented youth the opportunity to rehearse and perform with nationally-known conductors in choir, orchestra and band. All Honors groups will perform in October at the Wisconsin State Music Conference.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kiwanis Club of Wauwatosa Public Welcome
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Express Employment Professionals Awarded “Best of Staffing”
- First annual Village Extreme to be held June 22, 2013 in Brookfield Village
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Free music event at Luther Manor
- Butler's Picnic in the Park to Feature Vintage Baseball, Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Student’s award brings resources to high school
- Hamilton cheerleaders sponsor clinic