Hawthorne Hill Farm in New Berlin to Host Rust, Ruffles, Restore Shopping Market June 22, 23, 24
Hawthorne Hill Farm, an historic farmstead located in New Berlin, Wis., will open to the public for “Rust, Ruffles, Restore” Shopping Market from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, June 22, Saturday, June 23 and Sunday, June 24. The renovated three-floor barn, farmhouse and grounds offer a unique venue for local artisans and vendors to set up shop for themed shopping markets. Juried weekends feature one-of-a-kind antiques, vintage finds, shabby and industrial chic, upcycled furniture, hand-crafted accessories and gifts designed around the theme. Local farm produce, artisan baked goods and other food items add to the lively farm atmosphere. Proprietress and Wisconsin Artist Bonnie Loduha, known in the art community at Bonnie Lynn, first opened Hawthorne Hill Farm to the public in June, 2010.
New to Hawthorne Hill Farm this season is The Workroom Inc., a bricks-and-mortar woodshop and showroom located permanently on the grounds. Local artist Joe Loduha creates and showcases unique upcycled creations, built-to-order furniture and industrial antiques rescued from Midwest homes and barns. The Workroom Inc. will showcase designs during the “Rust, Ruffles, Restore” weekend.
Additional 2012 Shopping Markets are: Harvest! Halloween and Harvest Market October 5, 6, 7 and Decorate! Holiday Market November 9, 10, 11. In addition, Hawthorne Hill Farm will host two Barn Rummage! community rummage weekends August 11, 12 and September 1, 2. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. all dates, and admission is free.
Hawthorne Hill Farm is a once-abandoned 1874 farmstead. Bonnie Lynn renovated the nearly two-acre property, which includes the original barn, silos and house. Hawthorne Hill Farm is her art studio (featured in the summer 2011 issue of Studios magazine) and a community art space that features shopping weekends, creative workshops and retreats. Hawthorne Hill Farm is located at 16370 W. Small Road, south of I-43 and just west of The Ridge Cinema in New Berlin. Visit the Web site at www.hawthornehillfarm.com and the Facebook page at Hawthorne Hill Farm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust Expands Dedicated Mortgage Lending Offices in Brookfield, Madison and Green Bay
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World