Hamilton High School was one of the schools named to Newsweek Magazine’s “America’s Best High School” list for 2012. The ranking highlights the best 1,000 public high schools in the nation – ones that have proven to be the most effective in turning out college-ready graduates.
Only 21 Wisconsin high schools were on this year’s list. It is the first time in the district’s history that Hamilton made the ranking which is based on:
• four-year, on-time graduation rate;
• percent of 2011 graduates accepted to college;
• Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate test participation, results and courses offered; and
• average ACT or SAT score.
Hamilton Principal Candis Mongan said being named to Newsweek’s best high schools list is an honor that she believes Hamilton earned by diligently looking out for the best interests of all students.
“Not only are we increasing rigor, but our teachers and staff members work intently with individual students to help them plan for their future based on their interests and career goals,” Mongan said.
“While rigor in the classroom is increasing, our graduation rate is also going up, and that is good for all of our students,” she said.
Superintendent Kathleen Cooke, Ph.D., credited high school staff for being focused and deliberate in their effort to increase rigor and meet the needs of all students. She noted that the district’s Strategic Plan and the school site plan have success indicators that include the factors that Newsweek used to rank America’s top high schools.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Weber Announces Listing & Sales Leaders-April 2013...
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Works Out Against Child Abuse
- Hamilton named Top Workplace
- Humber, Mundie & McClary, LLP, commits to downtown Milwaukee for headquarters location
- Maple Avenue students lead effort to help Oklahoma schools hit by tornadoes
- Templeton band to perform spring concert
- Tablet Talk @ Brookfield Public Library
- LinkedIn Instructor Offers Free Class May 29 at Brookfield Public Library
- Beware of Memorial Day Scams Aimed at Military Personnel
- Wescott chosen as high school associate principal