Looking for an early summer 5K, 10K or combined challenge? On Saturday, June 23, 2012, St. Jerome Parish School in Oconomowoc, Wis., is hosting their fifth annual Run for the Kids, where at least 300 runners are expected to participate. This run was held in November the last four years, but it’s moving to June!
The 10K race starts at 8 am and the 5K starts at 9:15 am. Bring the kids too - there is a 800M Kids Fun Run, which starts at 9 am (the course circles the school and church grounds).
The 10K and 5K races start on the school grounds and wind through residential neighborhoods, ending near the starting line. These courses are known and loved for their flat terrane. The Combined Challenge is for runners who want to run both the 10K and 5K. The runner’s combined time will determine their overall field placement.
There are three ways to register. Online Registration is Powered by Active.com; visit
http://www.active.com/running/oconomowoc-wi/st-jerome-run-for-the-kids-2012. Runners may mail a completed entry form with fees by Friday, June 15, or you can always register on race day. Race day registration begins at 6 am.
Come for the run, stay for the fun! St. Jerome Festival is taking place all weekend with food, beverages, games, rides and live music.
10K or 5K:
$30 Early Registration
$35 Race Day Registration
Combined Challenge Event:
$40 Early Registration
$45 Race Day Registration
800M Kids Fun Run (10 & Under):
$10 Early Registration
$10 Race Day Registration
Race Records 5K: Joe Giacalone 15.59; Jean Lyons 19.35
10K: Nick Seiske 34.21; Annie Hughes 40.06
Combined Challenge: Ted Shue 55.11; Annie Hughes 1:00.19
For more information please call Sue Piette at 414-241-7230 or email at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Drew Lillibridge Earns Prestigious Eagle Scout Award
- Annual Pet Blessing
- HUSCO International named Employer of the Year
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Trinity UCC Hosting Craft Fair: "A Fair for all Seasons"
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities