“Aprons in the Wind”
Mother’s Day Celebration for Women Everywhere!
May 11 - 13th, 2012
Touching a soft spot that Americans have held dear for this simple garment, the apron represents a lifetime of warm memories for the mothers, grandmothers and special ladies who wore them.
For the last 4 years, during Mother’s Day weekend, rain or shine, sun-up to sundown, a large collection of approximately 150 colorful fabric aprons are hung around the entire grassy area of Perren Photography Studio in downtown North Lake. Most aprons in the display carry a written sentiment that's been addressed to special ladies - young, old, alive or not.
Property owner, Teri Peterson, originally started the collection in memory of her own mother and to honor her sisters. Her desire is as the years pass the collection will grow beyond the property's capacity.
Now preparing for it's 5th year of display, all are invited to walk through the apron display, touch the fabrics and read the attached sentiments. Aprons are not for sale.
“How To” contribute an apron(s). Visit www.perrenphotography.com or call (262) 966-1804 for further details.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility