“Aprons in the Wind”
Mother’s Day Celebration for Women Everywhere!
May 11 - 13th, 2012
Touching a soft spot that Americans have held dear for this simple garment, the apron represents a lifetime of warm memories for the mothers, grandmothers and special ladies who wore them.
For the last 4 years, during Mother’s Day weekend, rain or shine, sun-up to sundown, a large collection of approximately 150 colorful fabric aprons are hung around the entire grassy area of Perren Photography Studio in downtown North Lake. Most aprons in the display carry a written sentiment that's been addressed to special ladies - young, old, alive or not.
Property owner, Teri Peterson, originally started the collection in memory of her own mother and to honor her sisters. Her desire is as the years pass the collection will grow beyond the property's capacity.
Now preparing for it's 5th year of display, all are invited to walk through the apron display, touch the fabrics and read the attached sentiments. Aprons are not for sale.
“How To” contribute an apron(s). Visit www.perrenphotography.com or call (262) 966-1804 for further details.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22
- Ninth Annual GMAC Golf Outing Tees Off Aug. 15, Benefiting Two Charities
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- Recycle Electronics to Benefit People with Disabilities
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company