“Aprons in the Wind”
Mother’s Day Celebration for Women Everywhere!
May 11 - 13th, 2012
Touching a soft spot that Americans have held dear for this simple garment, the apron represents a lifetime of warm memories for the mothers, grandmothers and special ladies who wore them.
For the last 4 years, during Mother’s Day weekend, rain or shine, sun-up to sundown, a large collection of approximately 150 colorful fabric aprons are hung around the entire grassy area of Perren Photography Studio in downtown North Lake. Most aprons in the display carry a written sentiment that's been addressed to special ladies - young, old, alive or not.
Property owner, Teri Peterson, originally started the collection in memory of her own mother and to honor her sisters. Her desire is as the years pass the collection will grow beyond the property's capacity.
Now preparing for it's 5th year of display, all are invited to walk through the apron display, touch the fabrics and read the attached sentiments. Aprons are not for sale.
“How To” contribute an apron(s). Visit www.perrenphotography.com or call (262) 966-1804 for further details.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IKE Football Celebrating 20th Anniversary of 1995 State Championship
- Get up, get out, get active at free Day of Play event!
- Dan Ewert earns Eagle Scout Award
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Trinity UCC Seeking Crafters for October 10 Fair
- Children’s Talent Show to Highlight Holy Cross 2015 Block Party!
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Thomas Chappelle, New Berlin Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial