Brookfield, Wis. – Larraine McNamara-McGraw, a veteran attorney and former Milwaukee alderwoman, has joined Horizons Law Group with a new, unique practice focusing on foreclosure defense for homeowners.
McNamara-McGraw brings 30 years of litigation experience to Horizons Law Group. Her foreclosure defense practice centers on a cutting-edge area of law borne from the nation’s mortgage meltdown, and subsequent revelations of widespread fraud and questionable practices in home lending.
A growing number of legal challenges have overturned or delayed foreclosures after discovering that loan documents were missing, improperly filed or never recorded, McNamara-McGraw said. In some cases, affidavits were falsified to cover up illegally-signed documents.
“Many homeowners facing foreclosure feel helpless because they don’t know where to turn for assistance,” McNamara-McGraw said. “Unfortunately, courts won’t look closely at loan documents unless a foreclosure is contested. My foreclosure defense practice will help keep people in their homes while working to resolve their situation, especially identifying poor recordkeeping or outright fraud that can dismiss a foreclosure action.”
McNamara-McGraw is a 1982 graduate of Marquette University Law School. After practicing in the state Public Defender’s Office for seven years, she represented Milwaukee’s east side 3rd District on the Milwaukee Common Council from 1989 to 1997. After leaving politics, she opened her own law office, focusing primarily on employment and civil rights practice.
McNamara-McGraw holds B.A. degrees in history and theology, with a minor in philosophy, from Marquette University. She is admitted to practice in Wisconsin, and in federal courts for the Eastern and Western districts of Wisconsin and the Northern District of Illinois. She is a member of the State of Wisconsin Bar, and founded and continues to volunteer for the legal clinic at Repairers of the Breach, which serves homeless people in Milwaukee.
Founded in 2000, Horizons Law Group offers full representation and unbundled services for a wide range of legal needs commonly encountered by consumers and small businesses. Its attorneys focus on family law, bankruptcy, civil and consumer matters, criminal and traffic cases, employment, probate, foreclosure defense, real estate, small business, estate planning and mediation and collaborative law. The firm’s main office is in Brookfield, with satellite offices in Kenosha and Hartford. More information is available at www.horizonslaw.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Waukesha County Youth Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Art and Nature Come Together at the First Annual Artists in The Garden Weekend at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, September 12th and 13th, 2015
- Backpack Coalition Distributes 2,100 Backpacks
- Oak Hill Terrace Hosts Program "Paying for Assisted Living"